We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Cambodian Experience

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
My Cambodian Experience

Hey guys... When I first started planning the trip to Cambodia, I was a bit concerned about how safe it would be to travel to Cambodia alone. But ever since I have left the country, I have been dying to go back.

here are all the things I learned about Cambodia and about life in general while I was there.

goodoldboots.com/2013/…

thanks !

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,935 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Cambodian Experience

That was such a lovely read, glad you enjoyed your journey & sounds like you just might go back :)

Cathy

Melbourne
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Cambodian Experience

I really enjoyed your writing about how you experienced Cambodia .

Thankyou for sharing

Bron

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Cambodian Experience

WOW...sounds wonderful.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,061 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Cambodian Experience

We have something in common... We both love Cambodia!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Cambodian Experience

Such a great read. The last paragraph was beautiful and superbly put into words. It made me even more excited about our first trip to Cambodia starting on the 26th Feb. I really can't wait ! I have a feeling that I'm going to be a Cambodia lover too !

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
255 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Cambodian Experience

I first started reading Cambodian history in the early 1980s. Read every book published in English I could find. It took 20+ years before I was able to go to Cambodia myself. I've only travelled to a couple dozen countries. Few of them left me with a burning desire to return. Cambodia is one of those few. I can't say enough good things about the Cambodian people. They are amazing.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Cambodian Experience

What a fabulous read, thanks for sharing.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Cambodian Experience

Thanks everyone... Cambodia is awesome..

Hameenkuja 2 b 30
Level Contributor
28 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My Cambodian Experience

We had a wonderful journey to Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and Siem Reap in February 2013.

Having been to Thailand and Vietnam, Cambodia was a totally refreshing experience. I was fascinated by the great effort by the Cambodians to try to

make tourists feel safe and comfortable in their country. If you think what the Khmer Rouge did and how fast the country has come up from the vast difficulties they faced after the war not so many years ago, it´s a miracle.

I read a blog of a lady who said that the poverty of people is the consequence of people being lazy and not willing to work. The truth is quite the opposite: Cambodians are working from morning till dusk seven days a week to get their little income. If they charge $ 20 for a day´s trip to Angkor Wat or Floating Village I´ll be more that glad to pay to help them. Cambodia is great and we miss it already

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
174 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My Cambodian Experience

I totally agree... poverty has nothing to with laziness.. glad to hear Cambodia hasnt changed in 2013. :) I will be back there later this year. Wish the best for Cambodia and its wonderful people.