We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia V Vietnam.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodia V Vietnam.

Where is the best place to go for a beach holiday please.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

Both places are more cultural destinations than beach destinations but out of the two Vietnam would be better but Thailand would be my choice in that area.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

Thank you chrella i'm just doing a bit of searching for future holidays..

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

The beaches in Cambodia aren't noteworthy at all, and the marine life is close to non-existent. If you want some fantastic white sand beaches & bountiful marine life, head to Thailand.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

Cambodia beaches versus Vietnam beaches l would choose Vietnam, l have only been to Nha Trang and Phu Quoc, so not a lot fo experience on that bit.

And as the above posters have noted, they are not Thai beaches!!

Edited: 15 April 2013, 00:25
dorset
Level Contributor
545 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

If you are in Cambodia anyway, the beach at Sihanoukville is reasonable (but pretty busy - lots of beach restaurants etc). Otres beach, a few km further on is much nicer but has fairly basic accommodation. I note that you visit Goa quite a lot. Personally, I would compare Sihanoukville to Calangute and Otres to Palolem. Hope that helps!

Edited: 15 April 2013, 10:40
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

Pier21 thats a great help being able to compare it with beaches i go on in Goa,Thanx...

London
Level Contributor
373 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

Jumping onto this post, i was planning on spending 3 nights on phu quoc and later 3 nights on koh rong on a month long trip in south vietnam and in cambodia. I have been wondering tho if 5 or 6 nights all on phu quoc would be better. Any views?

South Shields...
Level Contributor
707 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

when are you going?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,543 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

To my mind neither country is really a beach holiday type of destination. Wonderful places to visit and explore, great food and nice people but you need to go to Thailand for a beach holiday.

London
Level Contributor
373 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cambodia V Vietnam.

January. We've been to thailand before, and aren't going to cambodia and vietnam for beaches, but fancy a few beach days whilst we're there, if that makes sense.