We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a baby to Cambodia

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taking a baby to Cambodia

Anyone got any advice? Our baby will be 7months old, she is breast fed & eating solids. We haven't had vaccinations yet.. Didn't 2yrs ago when we went to Thailand... But a bit more cautious with a baby! Would love any tips & advice

Nan Province...
Level Contributor
530 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Well I would not be traveling with a 7months baby at all .... but if you think it is a goo idea up to you.

It all depends a bit how and in what kind of luxury you will be traveling. Be careful to what kind of solid food you will be giving to your baby. Be careful with water.

Chang Noi

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
309 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Lots of locals and expats in Cambodia have babies (surprise, surprise)...so I doubt you'll have any problems, there are baby shops everywhere if you need anything....and Khmer's love little white babies, she will be spoilt!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,653 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Rarky beat me to pretty much what I was going to say. You may need to give her extra fluids (boiled/bottled water) given how hot & humid it is but I'm another who says go for it. Plenty of rice & fruit stuff to give her. Keep her hydrated (and yourself too for that matter - in order to keep up your milk supply) don't over-do it, plenty of shade for bubs and have fun.

And yes, you'll have plenty of would-be babysitters

cheers

helen

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Hi I use to take my baby girl when she was 10 month old and she is fine and happy. Just keep an eye on them and it should be fine

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Thanks for your reply, did you get any special vaccinations for her?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Just make sure that you are prepared "in case" something happens, e.g. do your research on the best hospitals beforehand, get your vaccinations, travel insurance etc (and more importantly, check to see if your insurance fine print covers babies, evacuation from costs and paediatric procedures)

Just don't expect Cambodia to be like Austraila - it is not. It is a developing country. Some would argue 3rd world.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Hi,

No i never did..

My children travel to Cambodia since their very young never got sick.

Never had any vaccinate for them cuz they were too young at that time.

Dr wouldnt do it for young ones..

But i never had any problem at all.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
285 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Check with your doctor about vaccinations! Strap that baby on the front of your body, be careful with water, lots of hand washing and I bet you'll have a great time

Like the other poster said, make sure you know which hospitals are the best and get good travel insurance ... pretty sure Bangkok would be the best option for hospitals should the need arise

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
309 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

People who keep saying Bangkok is the best option for hospitals are ill informed...Royal Rattanak in Phnom Penh is a subsidiary of a Thai owned hospital group, they are well equipped and have fully qualified and experienced staff. There is no need to fly all the way to Thailand for proper medical care!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking a baby to Cambodia

Thanks everyone, we had a great time and our baby was amazing! Some of my family inc me caught a gastro bug :( but luckily the baby was fine! I went to an SOS clinic to get checked and was all ok. Thanks everyone for your advice!!