We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Cambodia

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
10 days in Cambodia

Hello

I am going to spend 9 days in Cambodia from the 9th July this year and will leave on the 17th July. Ive never been anywhere like this before, having usually been on package holidays, and I am flying in alone to Phnom Penh and meeting friends who are already travelling. I have some idea of places i'd like to see, mainly in Siem Reap, but wondered if anyone had any reccommendations of routes to take? Obviously 9 days isnt long and i'd like to see as much as possible!

Thanks

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 days in Cambodia

in 9 days you could easily visit PP (3 days), Battambang (2 days) Siem Reap (4 days) ... travel between by bus

as a newbie you may have missed seeing the search box at the top of the list of threads on the forum front pages - use it like a google search and all topics/key words will come up - these are previous posts on any topic.

The top questions (upper right) will also be useful - read your way through any that seem relevant

check out www.canbypublications.com (maps, sample itineraries & lots more) or www.travelfish.org ( link in blue at the top)

cheers

helen

2. Re: 10 days in Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 12:44
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 days in Cambodia

I would do the itinerary Helen suggests, you can get a lot of info from the "Top questions about Cambodia" and "Cambodia Trip Ideas" here on the right of the screen.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 days in Cambodia

I agree with the suggestion from thmoore.

Just to let you know, it is so easy to travel through Cambodia, so there is no need for he use of an travel agency to organise the whole trip. The two websites suggested above are great sources, and I have used them for my last two trips, and use them currently for planning my trip this year

Sydney
Level Contributor
775 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 days in Cambodia

If your budget allows look at flying between PP and SR. It is a 45 minute flight costing just under $USD100 as opposed to minimum 6 hours each way by bus. Given your short time in Cambodia it might be worth considering

6. Re: 10 days in Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:18