We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help please!!! :)

Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Need help please!!! :)

Hi guys,

Well I've been trawling thru reviews and forums looking for the best place for my girlfriend and myself to go on holiday but there is almost too much info!! :)

We are looking for a relatively peaceful place by the beach (villa, hotel, resort, it doesn't matter too much) which will have breakfast buffet, a pool, nice clean rooms with A.C, near somewhere we can do a bit of snorkelling and that has a few shops and restaurants all relatively near by for the evenings if we chose not to eat at the hotel. We aren't too fussed where we go as long as the weather is likely to be nice at least most of our break (10 days at beginning of August). Flights aren't an issue but accommodation is on a bit of a budget. We want to spend no more that £100-120 a night (for room, not per person).

We want somewhere that's lovely & warm during August that isn't in the middle of rainy season, and the sea is warm & not like the Baltic! :). So I guess somewhere tropical. So far we have short listed to a number of places. Cambodia, Fiji, Thailand, Maldives, Bali, Malaysia, Vietnam.

I hope we aren't looking for the impossible here on the budget we are on but if we are then at least we will know haha.

Really appreciate any help received. If you do kindly suggest somewhere please could you tell me what you liked about it & if there was anything you didn't. Also if you suggest somewhere please could you also let me know best way to book the accommodation so I don't get ripped off.

Once again thank you so much, in advance!

R&K

Scuba Nation
Scuba & Snorkeling
Red Shark Charter
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help please!!! :)

I think Cambodia should be taken off your list then! August in right in the middle of rainy season! Otherwise I would have suggested Kep, but not much snorkeling!

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help please!!! :)

I would suggest Thailand, but only certain areas of Thailand to avoid the rainy spells. You will be ok at either hua hin, which is a three hour drive from Bangkok, or koh samui, which as lovely beaches. You will need to take a short one hour flight from Bangkok, if landing there:)

Level Contributor
60 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help please!!! :)

Koh samui is definitely looking a favourite atm.

Which is the cheapest airline from Bangkok to samui?

Also any specific resorts/hotels you can recommend?

Many thanks once again.

R

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,358 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help please!!! :)

you'll get all this on the Thailand forums

Ba Ria-Vung Tau...
Level Contributor
882 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help please!!! :)

come to vietnam cheaper than thailand and cambodia people very friendly and much to see accomadation much cheaper,and if you drink beer i think the best in SEA

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,712 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help please!!! :)

Hi,

There are no cheap airlines to Samui from Bangkok. Bangkok Airways have a virtual monopoly and prices are high. You can fly to the mainland at Surat Thani (you can take a train too) and then connect to the ferry to Samui, that tends to be cheaper. Air Asia and Nok Air fly this route from Don Muang, Bangkok and offer a combined through ticket.

If you want snorkelling then I'd be more inclined to check out Ko Tao, much more low key than Samui and you can get there by ferry from Samui or with a flight/ferry combo ticket with Nok via Chumpon.

Cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help please!!! :)

If you can afford the Maldives, then I'd suggest Greece. Hundreds of islands to choose from, fantastic food and drink, other sights to see as well.

Edited: 08 July 2013, 09:13
8. Re: Need help please!!! :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:20