We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with visa...Very confused!!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Help with visa...Very confused!!

We are going to Vietnam and Cambodia in October. I have applied for a Visa on Arrival for Vietnam but am totally confused about Cambodia. Do they have a similar VOA or can I really get the visa when I arrive at the border? We are doing a Mekong Delta cruise to Phnom Penh, can we get one when we arrive. Do we need a letter as we do for our Vietnam Visa and if not what do we need??? Totally confused nothing seems clear and we don't want to get caught out..

thanks,

Kate

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

I got my Visa on arrival. I didnt do anything before I left, showed my passport, gave two passport pictures of me, paid the fee, and got my tourist visa. Ia m not aware that you need it in advance like in Vietnam.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

Thankyou for your help, that's good news....hopefully it will be as easy as it sounds!

Kate

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,263 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

Hi Kate - the visa for Cambodia is truly a Visa on Arrival - you will need nothing more than a passport photo and a form they will give you to fill out (and of course your visa fee payable in USD). We've done this at both the border and arrival at the airport and couldn't be easier. The border crossing you are using is frequently used by tourists so you won't have any problems. The VN visa is the one that many get confused - the approval letter which allows you to get a VOA for VN is only valid through international airports, so it sounds like you are all set. Have a wonderful trip!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

Hi Kate,On the river you come to the Vietnam side of the border where the boat ties up and you get processed out of Vietnam, about 1 hr for all on board. You then get back on the boat and go 5 min to the Cambodia border post.Get off the boat again and walk up to the office.

You will need $20 US and a passport photo.Visa will be issued there no problems.

Back on boat and off to Phnom Penh, All very easy.

Have a great trip.

Regards Pat.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

Thank you Lynn for your help and Patrick for your step by step description..it is a VOA unlike Vietnam. You have all been a great help. Yes we will have a great trip and just have the boat to organise!

Thank you again..

Kate

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

It's is a simple and easy as it sounds, don't worry about it anymore, only to remember to have your passport sized photo in your hand luggage!

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
328 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

From the moment I stepped off the plane to my taxi. It was 20 minutes. The easiest visa I have ever seen.

Try to get a seat towards the front of the plane, this will save you from waiting in line behind other travelers.

No worries. Enjoy!

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

PLUS 6 months validity on your passport from the start date of your visa.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
287 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

Thanks for all your help and advice, we are going via Mekong Delta and will get our visas on arrival...Don't need to worry about the 6 months validity on my passport I have just renewed it so I am good for another 10years of travel!!

Kate :)

davao city
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with visa...Very confused!!

is there a bus that ply between Phon Phen and bangkok thailand, if so how many hours it would take to reach one"s destination.. pls help