We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VOA photo

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
VOA photo

Hi there we arrive in Phnom Phen airportin one week and are applying for VOA.

Can we get our visa photo done at airport??? (It is $20 each to get our photo done here and there are five of us !!)

Thanks for your help

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VOA photo

Hi,

There is no photo booth before immigration, but the officers will scan your passport picture for a fee, usually $1.

What I do these days is format a face picture to passport size on my computer and copy and paste it a few times and the print it on photo paper, cut them out and I have loads of pics for minimal cost.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: VOA photo

Your visa will cost $20.00 and photo maybe $1.00. I think when you travel it is always a good idea to carry passport size photos with you. I have 5 or so all the time. When I need for visa etc I have them and there are no hold ups. Have a great trip

Regards pat.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VOA photo

We're off to Nepal in March. I think we'll need about 50 photos each before we've finished!

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VOA photo

Thanks guys I think I'll go for the $1.00 scanned photo compared to $100!. Or maybe ill try and get the kids to try and format a photo and print on photo paper. what are the regulations for a photo.

Very excited.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VOA photo

They charged the university students I was with (both last year & this year) US$2 each for those without the photo. Bring small bills and hand over when you give them the passport. Forget scanning a photo & printign it on paper, they want a real photo.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 13:59
lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,626 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VOA photo

Hi,

A photo on photo paper is a photo. They accept mine without a problem, so go for that option if you feel like it.

Cheers

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VOA photo

Ok that much better than costing me $100 for photos. As long as we don't have a drama for not having photos on us

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VOA photo

For what it is worth, I recently stocked up on some spare Passport/ID photos in Battambang. I got eight (8) photos for KHR8,000 = $2.

I always carry a small clutch of Passport type and size photos in my passport wallet.

Best regards. Ian

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
698 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VOA photo

Thks Ian we will def do that put them somewhere safe and hope I can remember where I put them safely .

Calgary AB Canada
Level Contributor
372 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VOA photo

Do we only need one photo for VOA - we have an extra one from when we applied for our Thai visas which we could use