We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

Hey guys. Just booked my flights, I'll be spending 14 nights in Vietnam, 21 nights in Thailand followed by 13 in Cambodia. What do you think of this for my Cambodia itinerary?

Fly into PP 1st December (3 nights)

Bus down to Kampot/Kep 4th December (3 nights)

Bus back to PP 7th December (1 night)

Bus to Siam Reap 8th December (6 nights incl. trip to Battambang)

Fly out Siam Reap 14th December.

The only thing I have booked is the flight into PP on the 1st from BKK. Any suggestions are welcome! :)

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,732 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

Take one night off your first stay in PP and add it to your time in SR - especially since you'll be 'out of town' for a couple of days in BB (2 nights?).. 4 full days in SR will let you see the best of the temples & have some time to also check out the lake etc

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
8,279 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

Considering you might have not a full day before the first and after the last night I think 2 nights not enough for PP, especially if you want to visits the Killing Fields, S21 and Royal Palace.

So to add a night for SR as suggested by thmoore you could try to head straight to Kampot /Kep on day 1, if you arrive by early afternoon in PP. this would save an overnight stay in PP

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

To save another night, book your accommodation in Kampot for the day of arrival and ask themt o send a Taxi to collect you - cost is about $40 and that way way you go direct to Kampot (2.5 hours) and not have to waste another night in PP.

We do this every year. Also if you have your heart set on certain places, book now!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,487 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

On 08 December why not go:

Phnom Penh to Battambang then go to Siem Reap?

Rgds. Ian

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

Thanks heaps for your suggestions guys. I've decided I think I will extend the trip by 1 more night, spending it in SR, and also take on angkor lad's suggestion of stopping at Battambang on the way to Siam Reap, probably for 2 nights.

6. Re: 13 nights in Cambodia - what do you think?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 05:17