We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moto scooter battambang

perth wa
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
moto scooter battambang

hi

I have 7 days in Cambodia on a second trip and thinking of a couple of nights in battambang

I believe the caves, temples etc are a bit out of town in both directions

wondering if anyone has hired a scooter for the day and seen the sights by themselves without a driver

am I right that they are both north and south of battambang following the river?

cheers

peter

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: moto scooter battambang

I stayed at Battambang Resort that had free bicycles. Cycled to Bamboo train, Caves, Wat Banan, plus bird watching along the river. Cycling over suspension bridges was fun. Only used tuk-tuks for evening entertainment - (circus and cooking course)

perth wa
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: moto scooter battambang

hi lamlee

bicycle would be great way to see, I thought the caves etc were quite a distance

were they far out of town?

did you think battambang was worth the stay? or you found other places more interesting?

thanks

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moto scooter battambang

BB is well worth a couple of nights. We stayed for 5 nights in March this year.

The caves are a long way out of town, especially by pushbike...

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g303666-…

The bats come out at dusk, so your cycle back to BB will be in the dark.

When we went to see the spectacle it started to rain an hour before the big event, and the rain never stopped, and when it rains the bats don't put on their show. So we were disappointed, although we had had a good day out, but in the comfort of a tuk tuk.

Wat Banan...

Bamboo Train...

After the bamboo train you're only minutes from glorious national Geographic quality countryside, and small villages along the river and on a dusty road.

Serene!

Edited: 27 September 2013, 10:20
4. Re: moto scooter battambang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 06:20