We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia

Mississauga
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Topic
Cambodia

I will be in Cambodia for 3 weeks ... I would like to spend 5-7 days somewhere else ... Any suggestions as I would to explore somewhere different from Cambodia.

Thank you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia

Very hard to help you as we don't know your interests, budget etc.. or where you are going in Cambodia or where you have been close to Cambodia???

Need a little bit more information please.

Mississauga
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia

Should have said I would like to visit another country close to Cambodia ... Like a tour from Cambodia flying to Vietnam, Thailand with hotel and tours. Something different from Cambodia?

Don't know of any tour companies.

Thank you.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,629 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia

pick a country and head to their frorum - read the FAQ's and plan from there

you do not need a 'tour' to visit either Thailand or Vietnam - both are easy to DIY. Work up a rough itinerary and post it for comment - you will get more help if it is obvious you have done some research & planning

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia

there are flights from Siem Reap, Cambodia to Luang Prabang, which is considered the highlight of Laos. This would make a nice side trip but not sure you would need as long as 7 days in LP.

You could also take the well trod route from Phnon Penh to Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam) stopping off at the Mekong Delta. Part of this journey is by river boat.

This part of the world is well geared up to tourists and there is no need to organise a tour. However, if you are more comfortable with an organised trip ,take a look at the forums for the relevant countries and you will see the same names of reputable agents coming up .

I am not sure I would consider any of the surrounding countries to be VERY different from Cambodia , so I would suggest keeping to the Highlights.

Also , take into account visa requirements, the expense can add up especially if you are entering and re entering these countries.

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia

Laos could be a nice side trip, especially as Luang Prabang is a beautiful town, and no need to use an agent to book everything.

But as thmoore suggested, have a look on the other forums to check some of the itineraries or JBR posted for these countries, as you get a feeling if the country would cover what you want from that week.

6. Re: Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:19