We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency to bring

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Currency to bring

Hi All

I read a few posts saying that the currency I should bring to Cambodia is USD. Is this still valid as I only came across posts that were posted in 2009 - 2011. Just checking if anything has changed?

Appreciate if you can give any recent cost estimate for regular expenses in Cambodia + any other tip for a first time traveller will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,522 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency to bring

yes bring USD or use the ATM's

just for future reference - if you do a forum search and it appears the posts coming up are a bit old you can filter for date using the little drop down thingy at the right of the search bar.

someone posted a few days ago asking for cost info - perhaps you could scroll through the first couple of pages or do another search

using the search box for 'first time traveller' will also get you plenty of info but the best advice I can give is to enjoy your trip, smile, drink lots of water and apply your sunscreen & insect spray regularly

cheers

helen

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency to bring

Still the same, although you can change any mayor currency without problems at the money exchangers that are always found in the vicinity of markets. No fees, excellent rates! Always change there, never at banks! Coins are not used in Cambodia. For small change the Riel (KHR) is used. Exchange rate has been stable very close to 4000 Riel for 1 USD for the last years.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,777 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency to bring

This question is posted nearly every week, I'm surprised you couldn't find anything more recent than 2011 when you searched the forum

4. Re: Currency to bring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:17