We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coldest in 30 years

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,790 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Coldest in 30 years

Never mind the tourists - please spare a thought for the locals who are enduring the coldest cold season in thirty years.

phnompenhpost.com/national/…99

It's all relative and to the Cambodians it is darned cold.

Best regards. Ian

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,333 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coldest in 30 years

For all of us who have been in Cambodia during most months of the year, the idea of people being freezing cold seems strange to say the least, when we usually are literally dripping during our visits.

Because of this of this very dramatic drop in temperature, which would still be comfortable for most westerners, it would be extremely uncomfortable for the local people. I for one had never thought of bringing or buying warm clothing for local people but it's very obvious that it's necessary so I'll buy some woollies next time I'm there. It's horrible to be really cold, especially when it overtakes you suddenly and you haven't had a chance to prepare.

PP
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coldest in 30 years

people living on the streets, cold and hungry :(

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coldest in 30 years

Mel B ?????. From the Spice girls !!!!????

4. Re: Coldest in 30 years

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:19