We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 month in Cambodia and Laos

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
3 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
1 month in Cambodia and Laos

Hey everyone

I've tried to write an itinerary as I know it can be pretty important to book things sometimes...

there is 5 days empty at the end but something tells me that those days will end up being filled by extra days here and there.

Can anyone advise if some of these places suck or if I've missed some awesome places to go in Laos or Cambodia? Also any hotel recommendations for the towns that ive mentioned, or things to do, would be so appreciated.

Thanks so much everyone!

Also, if anyone would be interested in going to Tree top explorer together we would love to because it is very expensive but cheaper if you share.

Itinerary – Cambodia and Laos

18/1 OOL > KUL : 9.05 am

Arrive KUL : 3:25pm

Batu caves

China Town.

Little India

SkyBar

19/1

7.05am KUL – PNH

Arrive PNH 7:50am

Bus to Kep

Jasmine Valley Resort

20/1

Koh Rong

21/1

Koh Rong

22/1

Phnom Penh

• Tuol Sleng

• Russian Markets

• Killing Fields

Sovanphum Guesthouse

23/1

• Royal Palace

• National Museum $3

➢ Bus to Siem Reap

Angkor Zen Gardens

24/1 Angkor Wat – sunrise

25/1

Angkor Zen activities

[ Horseriding with Happy Ranch ]

26/1

Fly to Pakse

28/1 Don Det

29/1 Don Det

30/1 Go to Champasak –

Wat Phu

31/1 Go to Pakse

Tad Fane Resort $35

1/2 Start motorbike journey

Pakse - Paksong

Tree top explorers

2/2

Tree Top Explorers

3/2 Thateng

4/2 Tat lo

5/2 Conclude 5th day of motorbike ride at Pakse

6/2 6 hour Bus from Pakse – Savannakhet

7/2 Savannakhet

8/2 3 hour bus to Tha Khaek

Stay in Thalang

9/2 Lak Sao – Kuon Kham

10/2 Kong Lor cave and Vieng Kham

11/2 Ride back to Tha Khek

12/2 Vientiane

????

17/1 VTE - KUL

KUL > OOL : 9:40pm

18/1 Arrive OOL : 7:50am

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 month in Cambodia and Laos

Hi Leeluu

not nearly enough time in Siem Reap and not nearly enough time exploring the amazing Temples of Angkor ..for more info (in case you have not already seen it) .. canbypublications.com/siemreap/srstarted.htm ... if you have not booked things later in your trip already (eg the bike trip) put those spare (???) days (12 -17 Feb) into Siem Reap and shuffle everything on 5 days

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 month in Cambodia and Laos

I agree with the post before, you should have at least 3 days in/around Angkor Wat, if it interests you at all. Otherwise you're pretty much on the trodden path, and everything should be just o k. In case you'd like some more inspiration, send me a message.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 month in Cambodia and Laos

Looks like you're not allowing enough time to do anything. Scrap Kep & Koh Rong and spend yoru time in Siem Reap & Phnom Penh.

Also, 2 days or so to see the Si Phan Don area? Visit one island only? That would be totally wasting time. You'll need at least 5 days to properly explore, add another day to see the sights of Pakse.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 month in Cambodia and Laos

You really need to check the travel time between locations and factor that in, as well as just getting yourself to your accommodation etc. I'm no expert on Laos, but in Cambodia even though places are relatively close the journeys are often time-consuming.

5. Re: 1 month in Cambodia and Laos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 06:17