We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel plan

Kolhapur, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
travel plan

i have chalked out my travel plan in cambodia if any one can suggest more or alternate you are welcome i am a solo traveler

my travel plan will be landing in siem reap on the 1st of feb

day 1: visit to lake tonle sap

day 2: / day 3: visit to angkor wat

day 4:/day 5: trek to koh ker

day 6 rest at seam reap

day 7: travel to Phnom penh

day 8: visit killing fields

day 9: day tour through phnom penh

Day 10: fly back home

any suggestions are welcome

regards

Happy Angkor Tour
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Asean Angkor Guide
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Angkor Guide Sam
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Pin Vannak - Private Tours
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,837 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel plan

Hello Sandeep,

just for future reference, it's probably better to keep your plans on the one thread - as they are modified it is easier for people to see how it has developed and what you have included/excluded - saves things being referenced more than once.

This plan looks fine - you have a decent amount of time to actually see and explore things. the Koh Ker 'trek' is this the one lennybruce mentioned on your other thread? If so, please do make sure you come back and tell us how it went.

cheers

helen

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel plan

Maybe put your Tonle Sap day on Day 2 as a break between your temple viewing.

I bet that you will use the last day of your 3 day pass and go back to the Angkor complex on day 6.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel plan

Spend 3 days seeing temples in Siem Reap & surrounds. Relax after that one day. Boat on Tonle Sap the next day. Visit Koh Ker in a day trip. (I do not understand the "Koh Ker trek", it is a flat area with several dozen temples & ruins in groups. You need a car to get there & can easily walk around the place on your own.)

Spend a day getting to Phnom Penh & spend the next 2~3 days seeing the sights.

There's your 10 days.

Kolhapur, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel plan

thank you people for your replies will definitely update once back home

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel plan

Maneki - Trek means 'a long arduous journey'. It doesn't necessarily mean a hike/ a journey through the mountains by foot.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel plan

Walking aroudn Koh Ker is hardly long and arduous. I spent half a day walking aroudn there in 2008.

7. Re: travel plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2015, 05:18