We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

I will be travelling in Vietnam and Cambodia in April-May and I would need to do a VISA. But I have some question about the kind of VISA I need.

I will arrive in Vietnam by plane at Ho Chi Minh airport, go to Cambodia and go back from Cambodia to Vietnam by land, 2 weeks later my arrival in Vietnam and I will then stay one more week in Vietnam.

Is it enough a one month multiple entry VISA for this trip? Can I do this VISA on line (to be collected at Ho Chi Minh airport on arrival) or is it compulsory doing it via the embassy?

Thanks a lot!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
252 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

www.vietnamvisapro.com has a list of all Visas that are available

Not compulsory via a Embassy which are more expenisive

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,473 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

Very easy to do online . I don't see which country you are from. ?

Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

I am from Italy, but I live in UK, so that the best thing for me would be doing it online.

On the embassy website is saying that you cannot enter by land with an online VISA....

I am flying to Vietnam first, then going to Cambodia and afterwards coming back by land to Vietnam, would my online multiple entry VISA be enough for that?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

check the FAQs on the Vietnam forum, then check 'multiple entry' via the search box at the top of the Vietnam forum and if you still can't find your answer - post a question on the VN forum

My guess is that if you have a multiple entry visa and have entered once then they won't care how/where you got it when you go in the 2nd time

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

Hi Fabbio, are you staying in HCMC when you first arrive or just transiting through to Cambodia, without actually entering VN? If entering you could pick up VOA, multiple entry, which will suffice to get you back into VN by land from Cambodia. If you are not entering VN initially you would not need a visa for transit through international airport, provided you are ticketed through to Cambodia and do not need to collect bags and re check luggage and seat. You would need an embassy issued visa if your first entry is by land as VOA is only available if arriving by air. If you go for the VOA don't forget your passport photos, for both VN and Cambodian visa.

Greg

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

from my reading of post #3 the OP is landing in HCMC then clearing customs etc and travelling from HCMC to PP by bus. After their Cambodia exploring, they will return overland (bus) from PP back to HCMC - hence they need a multiple entry visa

The VOA in Vietnam is not the same as the one for Cambodia - it actually requires a pre-organised letter of approval... OP - see the vietnam forums for this info. If you arrive at HCMC without either a visa or the letter of pre-approval, you'll be on the next plane to where you came from - or you will be paying an astronomical amount of money for your visa (most of which will end up in the poscket of an official - if you get my drift)

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

Helen, I fear that you are way off with what you are talking about here. You apparently have a special insight into reading information into posts that is not there! I do not endorse unnecessary critical comments from other TA contributors, but, on this occasion, you are well off with what you are saying. I do not see any mention of a bus as a means of transport, from VN, for travel in either direction.

Greg

Edited: 19 March 2014, 08:00
sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,187 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

<<airport, go to Cambodia and go back from Cambodia to Vietnam by land,>> and then

<<flying to Vietnam first, then going to Cambodia and afterwards coming back by land to Vietnam,>>

I interpreted this as to and from Cambodia by land ... maybe the OP will come back and clarify

9. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 16:46
10. Re: Vietnam - Cambodia - Vietnam trip - VISA Info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:23