We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

I could not find a area to review Ana travel so I have posted it in the forum. We used this company to get a taxi from Sihanoukville to Kep. The emailed me to say 'The taxi will get you as close as possible to the hotel as the road is bumpy', 4km from Hotel is not as close as possible in my opinion. We then had no chose to pay extra again to get a tuk tuk from town to the hotel

The website from the hotel states that cars can get up to 100m to the entrance. During our stay we saw numerous taxi's drive up the bumpy road and even one van/mini bus managed to pull up right to the door. Yes the road is bumpy but no worse than many other roads I went on in Cambodia.

The driver obviously was very precious about his car, kept pointing to small scratches on his door. If we had of known that we were not going to be dropped at the hotel I would have NEVER have paid the extra money for a taxi and gotten the bus instead.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

To VMcClay of Australia: Sorry to hear you had a bad turn in Kep.

First time I have heard a problem with ANA. I have used their services for over 7 years. They are honest (as they clearly were with you) and committed to great customer service.

In fact, unlike many operators in Cambodia, they have been first class at every turn.

I suggest that you were unaware of the circumstances and therefore had unrealistic expectations.

Look at the bigger picture, it was a extra taxi ride, not cancer.

Jordan Berson, Sihanoukville, Cambodia, Montreal, Canada

Edited: 25 July 2014, 16:54
Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
428 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

THE most respected travel agency in Sihanoukville, hands down. Used by almost every expat in town. Why not post a bad review about the taxi driver? I will add, I am in know way connected to ANA travel and in fact use a different travel agent, simply because it is owned by a friend. However, ANA are a completely trustworthy and honest company and having 1 small hiccup doesn't deserve a bad review. I'm pleased you couldn't find a better way to tarnish a reputable company's reputation btw.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

Could you please let us know the accommodation mentioned, as there are a few spots in Kep that it's difficult to get to, the rainy season also makes their roads worse. This would be good advice for travellers to know.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

We rang ANA while we were in the taxi and they were not willing to help or try and negotiate with the taxi driver for us. They basically said bad luck! How is that good customer service!!!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

Yes, the name of the Hotel and driver would be a benefit to all.

Perpignan, France
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

I travelled with Ana in April 2015 from Kep to Chau Doc.

It was just a nightmare.

In a mini-van made for 9 people we were 22 (I may miss a couple of persons hidden by other ones). The staff was extremely rude, impolite, not professional. The dirving was not safe at all.

We were very late at departure and they didn't give us any explanation, the staff guy was just unbearable and absolutely not professional, constantly disturbing all the passengers during 5 hours by shouting on his cell phone.The border crossing was not well managed and no information (not a word) was given to us, just: go there, stay there!

I strongly recommend to avoid them.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

Hi Gilles S,

Is what you said about ANA travel true? I'm intending to use their services on this weekend for the route from Ha Tien to Sihanoukville and vice versa :(

Edited: 20 April 2015, 16:45
Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
428 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

ANA Travel are a Travel Agency NOT a bus service. So how can blame them for the BUS services short -comings? I will repeat what I said earlier - they are THE most respected travel agent in this town and there would be close to 30 here.

South Australia...
Level Contributor
754 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

Beware of anyone who posts in block letters and/or uses lots of unnecessary exclamation marks.

Sihanoukville
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Beware of Ana Travel!!!!

ANA Travel do not have any office in Kep or Ha Tien... the bad service is from an "agency" called ANNA Tours and travel no association with ANA Travel in Sihanoukville.