We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Phnom Penh

South Africa
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time to Phnom Penh

i have a few questions, please help.

How long will it take from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville, do you suggest a road trip and sleep over?

How is the weather in August, as that is the plan.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,106 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Phnom Penh

4 hours by bus, a little less by private taxi. If you're interested in that area, it is advisable to at least spend the night there instead of rushing back after a day on the beach. Rainy season begins after April, August is not reallly the ideal time to be heading South. You aren't guaranteed rain every day, but there will be rain.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Phnom Penh

It can take as little as 2.5 hours (but trust me, you do not want to go this quickly), or as much as 5 or 6 hours on some buses. I've written a blog post on the best ways to get from Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville (and vice versa) here: movetocambodia.com/transportation-2/…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Phnom Penh

Allow five hours, but August is the rainy season, so no one here can predict what the weather would be like for you.

birmingham
Level Contributor
299 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Phnom Penh

Thanks for the info on the pages you provided 'MovetoCambodia.' They will come in handy when I visit the country the end of the year.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Phnom Penh

No problem! I am glad you found it useful. Let me know if you have any other questions,

6. Re: First time to Phnom Penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2015, 05:16