We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Hello,

My husband and I will spend 13 nights in Cambodia in late Aug. I have traveled in SE Asia before (Laos, Thailand, Vietnam) but never Cambodia. Travel style is adventurous with mid-range hotels ($25-60 per night) and some nice meals thrown in. Below is a draft of an itinerary.

I could use some advice for things to do in the South. Is the weather ok that time of year?

An option is to take less time in the South and add a day or 2 in Siem Reap...

I appreciate any advice. ideas, or comments that you care to give me so that I can make this trip most memorable (eg, activities, restaurants, hotels, tours). Note: nothing has been booked yet, hotels listed are only an option.

Thanks so much!

Sun, Day 1: 11 am arrive Phnom Phen. Night in PP. (Hotel: Pavilion Hotel)

Mon, Day 2: Killing Fields, Tuol Sleng Museum. Night in PP (Hotel: Pavilion Hotel).

Tue, Day 3: Fast boat to Kampot. Night in Kampot.

Wed, Day 4: Day trip to Kep. Night in Kampot.

Thur, Day 5: Bus to Sihanoukville. Otres beach. Night in Sihanoukville

Fri, Day 6: Boat trip to islands.

Sat, Day 7: Boat trip to islands.

Sun, Day 8: Night in Sihanoukville

Mon, Day 9 : Flight from Sihanoukville - Arrive Siem Reap at noon. Buy 3 day Angkor Wat pass after 5pm and see sunset at Angkor Wat. Night in SR (Hotel: Villa Medamrei)

Tues, Day 10: Morning Angkor Wat. Night in SR (Hotel: Villa Medamrei)

Wed, Day 11: Morning in Angkor Wat. Sunset 4 wheeler tour (Quad Adventures Cambodia). Night in SR (Hotel: Shinta Mani)

Thur, Day 12: Night in SR (Hotel: Shinta Mani)

Fri, Day 13: Bus to PP at 10am. Night in PP (Hotel: Foreign Correspondent’s Club)

Sat, Day 14: 11am flight out of PP.

Happy Angkor Tour
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Asean Angkor Guide
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Angkor Guide Sam
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Pin Vannak - Private Tours
Multi-day Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Perth
Level Contributor
458 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Just curious - why are you changing hotels during Angkor Wat Siem Reap? Angkor Wat is a very short drive from Siem Reap and is on the outskirts of this small town.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,833 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

I have never heard of the "fast boat to Kampot" (day 3).. can you elaborate?

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,613 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

www.canbypublications.com/maps/camroad.htm

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Changing hotels just to try another (and more $$$) hotel. Nothing to do with distances or size of SR :)

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Ha! Yes, the "fast" part may have been wishful thinking. I had read in Lonely Planet that there is a boat south from PP at least part of the way to Kampot.

Backup plan is to take a bus the entire route.

Let me know if you know anything on the subject - thanks!

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

inaspin - Thank you for the link!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

As far as I know there is not a boat to Kampot - bus takes about 2 and a half hours. Keep in mind that it will be the rainy season, so travel between towns may take longer. It's too bad you didn't arrange your return flight out of SR - would have saved you a day on the bus back to PP. The road is under construction and taking much, much longer than it has in the past. The link inaspin gave you also has loads of information about the temple areas. Another good resource is travelfish.org.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
29 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Why are you traveling back to PP just to fly out? Unless you've already bought your ticket you can probably fly out of SR with the same airline and have an extra day in SR. I've been reading the bus between SR and PP takes 10+ hours.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

Slow boat to Kampot, l haven't heard of it, but that does not mean it doesn't exist.

The rivers between Kampot and PP do not seem to connect, so please let me know if you do this how it works out, would be very interested. Things change in this country very fast if its an older Lonely Planet the info may now not be valid.

10. Re: 2 week Cambodia Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:17