We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice please

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice please

Hi All

Travelling Cambodia in Sept/Oct and have tentatively planned the following itinerary after research and hope you can advise if it will work.

Fly in Siem Reap

Siem Reap - 4 nights

Taxi - Battenbang - 3 nights

Taxi - Phom Penh - 2 nights

Taxi - Kep or Kampot? - 2 nights

Taxi - Sihanoukville - 2 nights

Taxi - Phom Penh - flight out.

Specific questions I have:

Will this work?

Is this the right order? Should I do Sikanoukville then Kep or Kampot? - which is the most logical?

Should I stay in Kep or Kampot (plan to do day visit to wherever I don't stay so no concern about which one I stay at)

Thanks for your help.

Kate

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice please

Very well paced. I would go from PP to Sihanoukville and then onto Kampot, as then you can go directly to PP Airport from Kampot, giving you another night to spend either in SK or Kampot area.

Kampot is a great base, a day trip to Kep is a good idea to see the town, its only about a 40 minute Tuk Tuk ride from Kampot to Kep.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice please

Thank you so much Ann. Ready to book hotels but just wanted some reassurance that it would work. Will change it to reflect your advice.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice please

It just gives you an extra night back and a taxi straight to the airport will cost you approx $40 to $45.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advice please

Is it really necessary to only use taxies for transportation between towns Kate?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advice please

Inaspin, I'm only suggesting a taxi from Kampot to PP, to go directly to airport, this saves having to go into PP and then have to get a taxi to the airport.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Advice please

I agree with you both - taxi to the airport to save time but I'd certainly recommend at least one bus trip - it's part of the fun of travelling in Cambodia

cheers

helen

(Inaspin & AnnG ... I had an internet melt-down and can't get back into TA under my old profile - as soon as the glitch is fixed I will merge the two profiles)

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Advice please

OMG…helen I wouldn’t have recognised you in that kayak had you not told me.

Ann…Kate, I look at the mode of transport, and its all taxi.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
349 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Advice please

hehe inaspin ... that photo was TA's choice, not mine ... and apart from a gentle paddle round Halong Bay in April I have not been near one of those things since I was 22.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Advice please

Hi inaspin - I will certainly consider buses once I am there - my choice of taxi was primarily based on time factors but agree a bus experience needs to be included.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 01:49
Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,304 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Advice please

Good on ya Kate.