We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend New Years eve????

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Topic
Where to spend New Years eve????

Hi All,

Will be arriving in Cambodia on 25th Dec, for 13 nights, and hope to spend a few night in HCMC via a 3 day tour, but dont know where to spend NYE? Shall i stay in Cambodia for NYE or HCMC??

Which, if any would be the most livliest?? and where would i head for the best atmosphere???

Thanks.

London
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

Anybody please???

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

Not sure but perhaps the FCC?? Foreign Correspondants Club.

Edited: 13 October 2011, 23:35
London
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

where would that be Ann? is it a club or bar/live music?

Leicester
Level Contributor
445 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

On the river front in Phnom Penh. Good place to spend an evening drinking and people watching, as are most bars by the river. No idea of the Xmas atmosphere though as I was there in April.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

There will be fireworks on the river front so the fcc could really be a nice option. The whole riverfront in PP is full of little restaurants, a few with roof tops, so it very much depends on what style you are into. The whole of town will be very busy with lots of locals around. I love it here in Phnom Penh, however, I have to admit, I haven't spent New Years in HCMC. Please feel free to ask more specifically what you are after and I will see what I can suggest for you! everybody likes different things.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

Sorry Tricky.

FCC is a great spot right on the Riverfront, great views along and over the River. It was the place where Diplomats and Journalists hang out and now it a great meeting spot. Great food, happy hour from 5 to 7, you can reserve a table if you want one right at the front, has a roof top bar as well.

But as mentioned there are a few places that have roof top bars along the river front.

I would say this would be a very popular spot for New Year.

www.fcccambodia.com

London
Level Contributor
486 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

Oh Thats great, good to hear they are doing firework, guess will head for the river front then, and spend the night there, nice to have a few drinks up on the rooftops, then head on down to the river front, to enjoy in the fun., cant wait.

8. Re: Where to spend New Years eve????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 18:18