We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel for overnight in PP?

dorset
Level Contributor
553 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel for overnight in PP?

Hello

We will be spending one night in PP, en route from Siem Reap to Sihanoukville in December. Hope to travel on the Mekong Express (after all the good things we have read about it on this forum).

My question is - which is a medium priced, well located hotel for this quick stop that will be close to where the bus goes from? I believe it arrives/departs at Sisowath Quay.

Thinking about the Cozyna Hotel or the Indochina 2. Any advice appreciated!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
315 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

The Blue Lime was lovely. US$50 a night with a lovely breakfast and well positioned just behind the museum/art gallery and two blocks from Sisowath

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,392 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

I second Blue LIme

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

I always stay at Dara Reang Sey, 2 minutes on foot from the riverside, $20 a night for a huge room w/2 double beds.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

Pavillion is really nice as well and close to the quay. If you have kids with you the Kabiki is great

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

As you are after a quick one night stop, l would suggest the Indocine2 or Paragon. As much as l love the blue Lime, for a one night stop l would not want to leave!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

For one night i would recommend the LUX hotel 40 meters back from the waterfront on street 136...excellent location with good restaurant "la croisette" next door..walk the promenade after dark. $38 upwards

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

Why not just put in your dates in the review section? You'll get much better advice there than opening a forum topic. for the record though, don't stay at the Castle hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

Agree with the advice about the Castle!!! Never again!

9. Re: Which hotel for overnight in PP?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:15