We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
343 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

I will be taking a extended trip from Los Angeles to Cambodia (Approx. 15 Days) to China with most of my luggage designated for my long term stay in China. Just wondering in Phnom Penh do you think best (safety/cost) keeping it in my 3-4 star hotel (luggage storage area), airport luggage storage or a non airport storage facility until I take the flight out of cambodia? Thanks.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

Exactly how long will you need to store it and at what time of the year? What ever you decide to do with it, regardless of having it locked, make sure nothing of value or that you couldn't part with is left inside.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
343 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

The main thing I will be carrying with me is a new laptop. I think it will be even dangerous traveling all around Cambodia with it.

Phnom Penh
Level Contributor
282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

Traveling with a lap top isnt a problem in Cambodia. Make sure you keep it on your person while taking buses. Many people lose things in their checked luggage, despite it being locked. The standard of place you stay is no measure of how secure it will be to leave it in your room. You should be able to leave it at any reception with no problems while you tour around the sites.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

Travelling with your lap top is not a worry, we have done this three times in Cambodia and lock it in our room during the day.

We stay in Mid Range to budget type accommodation.

Edited: 13 June 2012, 23:23
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

There is a new luggage store room in Phnom Penh on Sothearos street. Call for details 098 588805 Julia

California
Level Contributor
106 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

Can you please give more details? We are checking from outside Cambodia and are unable to reach anybody on this Phone number.

7. Re: Best Option for Luggage Storage in Phnom Penh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2013, 10:17