We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

Hi,

We will be in Phnom Penh for two nights and a day and a half in November for a side trip from Siem Reap. I drew up a tentative itinerary based on suggestions here. I'm not sure if the time I allotted per site is adequate considering it will be our first time in Cambodia. I would be glad to hear comments/suggestions. Thanks and Cheers!

Day 1 (less than half day)

3-5 p.m. National Museum

5-7 p.m. River Cruise or Hang out FCC Bar

Day 2

730-9 a.m. Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda

9 to 1030 Tuol Sleng

1030-1230 Killing Fields

1230-130 pm Lunch

130-3 Russian Market

3-4 Central Market

4-5 Wat Phnom

5-6 stroll at River Front/FCC

7 Dinner and Puppet Show (any suggestions for show)

Edited: 24 June 2012, 11:54
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2,747 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

Hi Nestor. Good luck trying to fit all of that in. the first part day looks pretty good as a start.The biggest problem I see is that you haven't built in any travelling time between places. This travel time will eat into how much time you have allocated to each place.

For example the 2 hrs at the The Killing Fields (Choeung Ek) will soon whittle down to only about an hour by the time you travel there and back.At 9am it could be interesting to see if you can get fro the Royal Palace to Tuol Sleng in 5 minutes so that you can make the most of your time.

my suggestion- decide on the 4-5 places you really want to see on this day and see them properly. Anything else you fit in would then be a bonus.

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

Your timings are far too tight.

Not sure what you mean by a "Puppet Show" but check out Sovanna Phum qv Google.

PM me if you feel a local Tourist Assistant may assist you getting the most out of your limited time in Phnom Penh by day and by night. Phnom Penh, incidentally, is a very enjoyable town.

All best regards. Ian

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

Thanks Kameka. I included the travel time in those allotted for the sites but, yes, it's too tight. I guess I will just stop at the visit to the Russian market and if there's time proceed to the others.

Thanks Ian. I was referring to shadow puppet shows. Just checked the site and found out that they only have weekend shows. Our plan is to be in PP middle of the week.

Nestor

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,636 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

If it is a shadow puppet show- Sbaek Thom or Sbaek Toich - you are seeking then you should know that these are not so common but your odds are better at one or other of the temples in the Siem Reap region.

Best regards. ian

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

Thanks a lot, Ian. Will just check it out at Siem Reap.

Cheers.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

We did Tuol Sleng and The Killing Fields by tuk tuk leaving our hotel at 9.30am and returning for lunch near the Royal Palace about 12.30pm. We then did the palace etc and where finished by about 3pm so I think your itinerary is quite doable. At worst you may have to drop one of the markets.

7. Re: 2 nights, 1.5 days in Phnom Penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 05:16