We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip

Would it be possible to do grasshopper 1/2day mekong island bike ride in am then S21 and killing fields in afternoon?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip

Absolutely. The grass hopper tour is back for lunch l think? A car and driver will be quicker travelling time than a Tuk Tuk to the killing fields and your hotel can organise that for you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip

Thinking of heading to the bungalows @ 4pm for sunset drinks too...is that pushing it? Is it worth the visit?

I could cut out the Killing Fields and just visit S21?? Thoughts?!

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip

Personally I wouldnt cut out thr Killing Fields. It is a humble place that put things in perspective, listening to the horrors of the crime to humanity, and shows the horror of the cambodian people. For me it eas an eye opener, and I was glad that I was able to visit it

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip

if going to both, how much time would you allow?

Is it possible to organise a guide once there for a small fee? Is a guide necessary?

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,316 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip

I spend probably 5 hours for both bits (including travelling), though I spend quite a while at S21.

You could get a guide at S21. At the killing fields you can get an audio device that works well, it even includes some stories about survivors.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip

Up to re the guide, l like to wander and think at the Killing fields, its a very sad and somber place. Don't think you'll ebback in town for 4pm drinks but could stretch it by between 5 and 6 depending on how long you spend at S21 and Killing Fields.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip

yes was thinking it would be a stretch.....

Unfortunately the boat leaves at 4pm only-may have to can that idea!?

8. Re: Day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 22:15