We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singleton, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

I am travelling from PP to HCMC in late october and was thinking of going via can tho what would be a good way of travelling there and where would the boarding crossing be, any other hints would be appreciated thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

you can travel independantly or get a package tour from travel agents in PP or at the agents on the river wharf in PP

Usually entails boat to Chau Doc(exit and entry customs en route)bus to can tho and bus to HCMC..

The best low price tour is with SINH TRAVEL (www.the sinhtourist.vn) 3 or 4 day and their tour should be able to be booked in reverse.. I did this trip several years ago and found it most interesting..

For accommodation in Saigon recommend hotel seventy (www.seventyhotel.com) especially as it is only 200 meters from Sinh travel terminus.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

We did the tour with Sinh Touist, the hotel for the overnight stay is very basic but for the price we paid we were happy.

www.thesinhtourist.vn

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

You can upgrade your hotels with Sinh Tourist.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
422 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

Hi DavidC

I did Mekong Delta from HCMC to PP Cambodia with The Sinh Tourist and loved the trip. o/n accom was very basic and cheap but you can upgrade if you want. They organised border crossing and helped with visa into Cambodia though we had to provide passport size photos.

I think enrty into Vietnam requires a pre arranged visa, you cant get one at the border, but check this out.

The Sinh Tourist have an outlet in PP Cambodia and HCMC.

Enjoy

5. Re: Phnom Penh to HCMC via mekong delta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 03:18