We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

I returned to Cambodia on the Thai International (TG) evening flight on Wednesday 10th October. The aircraft was three quarters full, All forms - Application for Visa-on-Arrival, Entry/Exit Card and Customs Declaration Form - for Cambodia were passed out at the Flight Boarding Gate in Bangkok prior to boarding.

On arrival at Phnom Penh I decided to time how long it took from moment of handing in my Application-for Visa-on-Arrival to getting the passport back in my hand with my Business Visa inserted.

Total elapsed time four (4) minutes - complete with the official receipt for payment of visa fee.. This is about the time it has always taken me but this time it was timed on my watch.

Also, on this evening NO photographs NOR Fingerprints were being taken and I was through Immigration Control in two (2) minutes.I do not know if these systems were just down this evening or if this is a change in procedures.

A further seven (7) minutes for my three (3) items of baggage to come on to the baggage go-round.

Cleared of all arrival formalities and outside the terminal building looking for my transport and all within 15 timed minutes.

Traffic congestion on road leading to the airport was log-jam situation.

All best regards. Ian

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

Stay dry, and we'll see you in a couple of weeks:)

Phume Phnom...
Level Contributor
12,862 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

Hello Lynn,

Only very heavy rain pre-dawn so far.

Chaos on some roads as the population heads to Homelands for Pchum Ben Buddhist Observances.

Yesterday, I nipped in to see my tailor friend CUNG at # 183, Street 110 to be measured up for two more custom made shirts. He's very busy indeed and we had to search under all of the works -in-progress to find his cloth sample books! Chose two very nice good quality cottons.

Supposed to be going to Kampong Spoe today but so far no contact with my driver! Just going with the flow and trusting it will all work out the Khmer way as it usually does.

Please email me with Michael's KH HP number.

I'll send you my new KH HP SIM Card # in a minute or two.

Road outside Blue Lime all dug up for resealing after Pchum Ben and now full of puddles after nigh time rain. Blue lime using mosquito coils under tables outside.New multi-storey building going up alongside the Blue Lime.

Best regards to all. Ian

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,088 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

Sent you a message with our KH #:) Thanks for the updates about Blue Lime - as that is where we'll be for the first few days of the trip. Perhaps the paving will be completed by the time we arrive:)

Sre Siam
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

"otal elapsed time four (4) minutes - complete with the official receipt for payment of visa fee.. This is about the time it has always taken me but this time it was timed on my watch."

By God, Lawrence of Cambodia you made my Cambodian mother-in-law laugh again! Did you use a certified Swiss chronometer?

Oudendijk, The...
Level Contributor
878 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

HaHaa

Manicus.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,082 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

It usually takes me under 5 minutes. And yes, I time it. I use a Casio G-shock.;-p

7. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 14:24
Sharnbrook
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

Agree with how easy and quick it was last month.

When I went through from a Bangkok Airways flight they did take my fingerprints and photograph but all the Immigration desks were staffed and there were no queues.

Luggage arrived equally fast.

Maybe US Immigration should learn a lesson from the polite, welcoming staff!

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

I wish it was that efficient at all airports.

10. Re: Visa-on-Arrival Phnom Penh Airport - Four Minutes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 23:21