We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ariving with no accomidation booked

Hull
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ariving with no accomidation booked

my play is to travel Cambodia with no pre booked rooms, i was just wondering....

are there any pit falls with this approach i should be aware of?

will i get completive rates at hotels/guest houses/hostels on the day?

any other advice or tips on finding a room in a combodian city/town....thanks

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ariving with no accomidation booked

i would at least pre book the first night,than phone around and check out others.be careful as the high season is hard to find rooms available that may suit you

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ariving with no accomidation booked

Also all the tuk tuk drivers will want to take you somewhere where they get a cut and if you ask about some places you may have heard of they will say they are closed or a dump - easy to get ripped off. I agree with Paul - pre book one night and then look around

Regards

Suzi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ariving with no accomidation booked

I arrived in PP Cambodia without a prior booking. I had a list of places I thought I would stay at but all were booked out. Had to stay in a dump as a very last resort. After that experience I pre booked all my Cambodia trip on agoda or the like.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ariving with no accomidation booked

Hello pipKoala,

It's all so very simple.

Just book your first night or two's accommodation.

Make a list of those hotels/guesthouses that interest you and are in your budget range from postings and Trip Reports on Forum.

Buy a KH SIM Card on arrival - $5. includes a couple of dollars initial credit for calls but has to be topped up in first week or less.

Then, with your list of hotels/guesthouses of choice/budget, just call ahead a day or two before and make bookings. Often works calling early same day as sometimes people cancell or check out early.

Many, many,travelers, myself included, just move around Cambodia this way.

Best regards. Ian

Camp Battambang @ Seng Hout Hotel

5. Re: ariving with no accomidation booked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2013, 09:16