We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
45 posts
308 reviews
Save Topic
Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

I am hoping to travel from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc by boat in the morning to arrive in Chau Doc mid to late afternoon if possible.

I have seen information for a few boats on Tripadvisor but all appear to travel to Chau Doc later than I want to go.

Does anyone know if there are morning boats on this route?

Cheers

California
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

Did you find a morning boat. I'm trying to do the same.

Thanks. Victor.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
45 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

Victor, I am sorry for the very late response.

Yes we did manage to get a boat. We booked through our hotel, Blue Lime. They did all of the arrangements with the boat company and even paid the boat company when they delivered the tickets as I was not at the hotel. The cost was $21 and the boat took a little less than 5 hours leaving at 8am. We did also pay an extra $1 each on the boat for who knows what! I was concerned when I seen the tickets were for a Delta Adventure tour boat as I had read on Tripadvisor that these guys were not good. However everything went smoothly for me so my experience is positive.

On the morning of our travel we were collected at the hotel by rickshaw, although it was only a few minutes’ walk, and taken to the Titanic Restaurant. There is a pier next to the restaurant which is where the boat departs from. You could probably contact this restaurant by email or go down there to arrange travel.

Our boat was pretty quiet and we could have chosen to sit inside or out under the canopy. There were only 8 passengers and 6 of us stayed outside. There are no refreshments or anything so get water and whatever else you feel you need for the 5 hours journey. I think there was a toilet though neither of us used it.

You will stop twice to do immigration requirements. Firstly at the Cambodian exit to get your passport stamped and then the Vietnamese entry point where you must have your visa.

The boat trip was a lovely way to experience the river life and we really enjoyed it. It was a great way to enter Vietnam.

Flan

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,199 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

Don't forget that you will need an embassy issued visa for entry to Vietnam this way. VOA is not available for land or river border entry.

Greg

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

Is it boat all the way ????

I, ll be going CD to PP which I did 2002 but as part of

a Mekong tour

We did it motor boat with stop to exit V, nam then stop

to enter Cambodia--after that to a riverside stop to

change to bus

So mores the point where/how do you org boat

all the way-----at our hotel/hostel

Edited: 11 January 2014, 03:07
Glasgow
Level Contributor
45 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

Yes it is a boat all the way and you do need an embassy issued visa before travelling.

The boat will stop briefly twice. Once at Cmbodian cusotms and once at Vietnames cusotms. Both times you get out the boat take a very short walk to an office, show your documents and then back on the boat.

I would expect if you had time in PP you could arrange the boat yourself by going down to the waterfront. The Titanic restaurant would be a good place to start as that is where we were taken to complete formalities before boarding the boat at the adjacent pier.

http://www.bopha-phnompenh.com/

6. Re: Phnom penh to Chau Doc by morning boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:19