We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Allen, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Hi all,

I would like to make a recommendation to all those who find themselves in Phnom Penh and feel a bit lost and overwhelmed by the swarm of tuk tuks that they will encounter.

After a few bad experiences we felt lucky that we ran accross Mr Thea, an honest, fair priced, friendly, and knowledgeable tuk tuk driver that made our experience much easier and enjoyable.

We didn't have much of an itinerary for Phnom Penh because we had not initially planned on staying in Phnom Penh. We hired Mr Thea as our tuk tuk driver for the day and after we had done the things we needed to do, he drove us around some pretty interesting parts of the city and we got to see some pretty cool sites we would not have seen without him.

He also took us to a place where locals eat that was very delicious and the next day he helped us coordinate a private taxi to Kampot which was a huge help since my wife had had enough of the bus experience by this point in our trip.

His name is Mr Thea

and his phone number is +855 012 59 6860.

toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Rodger: how much did he charge you?

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Do you book this tuk tuk from hotel you stay? He seems nice, I want to ask how much he charge you for the day because I always book tuk tuk from hotel. They are most likely fair and safe, also convenient but I think you are lucky that you are fortunate to find such an experience tuk tuk driver.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Yes how much did he charge and does he speak any English ...Thanks

toronto
Level Contributor
175 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

I really need a tuk tuk to take me the S21 ....someone who is trustworthy and honest

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Please also give some details on your "bad experiences".

In a country with thousands of tuk tuk drivers all trying desperately to please tourists, and all in competition with each other for a small slice of the tourist dollar, and asking their clients to write a good review of them on TA, a bad experience is almost unheard of.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

I have try to contact the number (Mr Thea) it does not exist ....?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

Try Mr Chum. Lives and hangs out near the Blue Lime Hotel.

My Chum 012 48 36 68

8. Re: Tuk Tuk Driver Recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 05:15