We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giant Ibis

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Giant Ibis

I recently used Giant Ibis to travel from PP to SR. I only have good things to say about this company.

The coaches are new with good aircon, VERY good legroom, they show recent western films and you can turn the speaker off above your head.

They came to collect me from my hotel in an equally new mini-coach. The places we stopped for rest breaks were clean and pleasant. Only downside was no onboard toilet.

This contrasts with the experience i had with Mekong Express from HCMC to PP - very cramped uncomforable coach which overheated and broke down.

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
798 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giant Ibis

They sound great, but I have now sent them 3 e-mails and no reply.......anyone know why????

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
513 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Giant Ibis

We also used them this month and found it to be a very good experience, much better than the taxi we took to Poipet!

I booked online and kept in touch regarding our hotel room no and always got a prompt response.

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Giant Ibis

Our hotel made the booking for us so we didn't have any contact with them prior to the journey. It's a shame they aren't replying to you - bad service for what is a very good product.

Don't mention Poipet to me!! I'm still recovering from the 2 hours it took me to get through the border last Thursday!

London
Level Contributor
838 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Giant Ibis

parkers - make sure you check your junk mail / spam folder. I always seem to forget to do that

LPC
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Giant Ibis

Bus Ticket 1 way: $13 / person

Bus fetched us from the hotel as scheduled. Rode an air-conditioned coach to Giant Ibis’ main office where the bus to Siem Reap was stationed. There was an assigned employee on board who wore a uniform. With the aid of a microphone, he welcomed us on board. He gave us a brief background about Giant Ibis and how long the trip will be.

The bus staff gave 1 bottled water, 1 pastry (I got a chocolate croissant) in a sealed bag and 1 cold disposable towel to each passenger.

They have fast wifi on board! 

There are 2 bus stops for the entire 6-hour journey from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. First is in a place called “Bantheay Rest Area” and the next / last one is in a place called “The Banyan Tree”. Both looked very nice, like having coffee at the farm. I really liked our stop at the Banyan Tree because apart from the rest area’s ambiance, they really have clean and “normal” toilets, not the “squat” ones.

They played 3 movies on board: Spiderman, Avengers and a Dance movie (can’t remember the title, was too sleepy)

When we reached the Siem Reap bus stop, they unloaded the bags first in a storage area specifically for this purpose. It was quite chaotic after that because they just allowed each passenger to get his / her own bag, then that’s the time they check if the sticker on it matches the number on your ticket. Mine didn’t have any sticker on it, so that caused the delay. I just told him to look at the plane’s bag tag since my name’s on it. Good thing we got it all sorted out. At least they’re not lenient when it comes to these things.

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,789 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giant Ibis

Can book ticket online www.giantibis.com

My daughter used this bus to travel from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh and said it was great.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giant Ibis

i did this trip last week as not used the Giant Ibis before ,some concerns i had was the siem reap to phnom penh,bus leaves about 10 mins late,the first stop was for a meal,30 mins the restaurant they have had no water taps working in the toilets,they all had there taps broken and they where flithy,the food order was messed up.the other stop for 10 mins,we had to stop again as there are no toilets on the bus so some people just had to go. ok not too bad,the return trip was worse,over an hour late leaving,finally get going when we stop for a toilet break? so the trip carries on than we stop again for 15 mins,another toilet break,than a food break of 30 mins the same restaurant the same filthy toilets and still after a week all taps where broken in the toilets,they need to get a few basics right..the positives where lots of leg room,unless the seat infront is reclined,than watch out as knee caps will suffer..internet was not working as some compliants where heard but i dont use the internet when travelling.the comment by the lady guide was funny,in broken english she said its not been working for 2 days but what can i do?

Level Contributor
65 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Giant Ibis

Giant Ibis also now coming to and from Kampot. Best way to do the trip and cheaper than a taxi. I checked out the bus and its very comfy with plenty of space. Highly recommended!

Dunsborough...
Level Contributor
90 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Giant Ibis

I travelled Giant Ibis PP - SR mid-end November last year. Overall very good transport. Two stops, first toilet stop disgusting condition of the loos, second (main restaurant stop) much better.

Next time may choose another bus as the lack of onboard toilet was annoying.

Bus was comfortable though, entertainment system pretty hard to hear if you wanted to watch the movies with interest. Didn't bother me as I was watching some TV shows and movies on my Ipod Touch.

Looking to go back to PP & SR again Nov 2014, but may taxi it as going with a friend.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Giant Ibis

We have a flight landing at 10:15 AM from KL in PNH. Will we be able to make it to the 12:30 one?

Will there be enough time for that?

Can anyone confirm how long it takes to clear immigration etc at the Airport and the time taken by cab to the Giant Ibis office? I heard 20 mins at the airport and then 30-40 minutes to get to the city. Possible? Its a weekday end of March, btw.

Edited: 19 March 2013, 08:57