We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

London, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

Hi All!

My partner & I are planning to travel from PP to HCMC by bus and were wondering which company offers the best service. Cost isn't too much of an issue as we would just like to establish which is the most comfortable, safest and takes the quickest time.

Any information about bus companies, cost & reliability would be really appreciated.

Really cannot wait to go there now!

Bianca

Phnom Penh, Phnum...
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

https://catmekongexpress.com

Mekong Express Bus will best selection.

The web site have booking system.

Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Minh costed $12/1 person.(by booking online $1 off)

:)

London, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

Thank you so much Hisashi!

The information is useful and the link is great! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

Hey. I travelled from Hcmc to Phnom Penh by bus last week and used sinh travel. I used them and hanh cafe in Vietnam a lot and would recommend both. Very comfy and clean and professional. We got dropped off at their Phnom Penh office so I presume they do the return trip. Think it cost 10-12dollars.

In Vietnam I wouldn't use any other companies. And the trip to pp was with sinh travel.

London, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

Thank you Diarmuid E! I'll check for that company and compare the options.

Bianca

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,273 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

I always travel the Phnom Penh to Saigon/HCMC trip with Mekong Express and have done so many times now and have always found ME to be very reliable indeed and getting off at their terminal at 275F Pham Nu Lao, District One, Saigon is most convenient Just buy your ticket in person at an ME Office and choose your seat off the available seating plan.

Just be sure to have your VN Visa all organised prior to travel by any of the cross-border bus companies.

Best regards. Ian

Camp Phnom Penh ex Takeo today.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
10,677 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

Just wonder what the travelling time is for the journey. Had a look at the link, but it only gives departure times.

Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,273 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

Think six and a half to seven hours depending upon traffic conditions, time of day and border crossing delays.

Usually closer to six and a half hours these days.

Best regards. Ian

Camp Phnom Penh

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
49 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

we travelled from ho chi minh last july 12, and went with Sapaco buses, we didn't have a problem at all, they did our visa at the border, cost $USD25, but all went smoothly. so that's another option - its up to how you feel, we are in our late 50's but can handle the long travel, so its up to the individual. happy travels

9. Re: Phnom Penh - HCMC by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 07:18