We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

So I will be traveling to Phnom Penh with my wife a 1 year old and a 3 year old. We are looking for a hotel with US style suites or family rooms that have a separate sleeping area for the kids (a door we can close). I don't want to have to go to sleep myself at 7pm when the 1 year old goes to bed for the night. The Pavillion is exactly what I am looking for but they don't accept any guest under the age of 16.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

Hi Tareyton, The Pavillion has another hotel that is aimed at families, the Kabiki. We stayed there last time with our kids and the hotel was excellent. We stayed in the family room which is two rooms separated by adjoining door. Plenty of space for everyone and it even has 2 pools (including a covered shallow toddler pool)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,626 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

As already stated, you should be looking at the Kabiki.

In addition to which, it is a garden oasis within the city and rented from a member of the Cambodian Royal Family. It is also overlooked by a Hun Sen property and the access is only on foot from the guarded barricade across the road. Only a very short walk.

I like the Kabiki and have stayed here before but not having children these days I prefer the sister residence, the Blue Lime but no kids here.

All best regards. Ian

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

Awesome. I looked at the Kabiki and e-mailed them because I couldn't see anything on their website that showed adjoining rooms. Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

They got back to me but made no mention of any adjoining rooms. Do you know exactly what room you were in or what terminology you used when booking it?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

Hi Taretyon, I checked the Kabiki website for you and you' re right, they don't have a name for the room configuration you want so I rechecked old emails and it appears that I asked them for two rooms, right next door to each other which MUST be connected by a door.

We stayed in the grounds, with a little garden out front, nearer the pool. We did not stay in the rooms that were attached to the (noisy) reception area.

Our room was double/queen bed and next door, our two daughters slept in their own single beds. I would send them an email detailing what you need. I can't remember how much we paid but I would suspect that I paid for "2" rooms but given Cambodian costs of living, it was very reasonable to us.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you go.

6. Re: Hotels with adjoining rooms or US style suites for family.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Phnom Penh
Recent Conversations