We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

I am planning to take a bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap on Christmas Day, 2014. Does anyone know if the buses run on a regular schedule at this time of year? I don't want to assume that they will be but I'm hoping so. If there's a website that posts schedules, that would be helpful too!

Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

Busses should all run on schedule for christmas. There are quite a few different companies that run this route, ranging from large busses to minivans, so you should be able to find something at just about every hour of the day. Alot of people prefer giant ibis. They have 4 buses a day and there is a schedule on their website. You can book ahead on their website or just wait till you get to phnom penh. I traveled this route on christmas eve this year, and the giant ibis and meekong express (another good option) busses were all full when i tried to book 1 day ahead. I think I ended up on a mid sized Sorya bus and it was fine.

Heres a schedule

www.canbypublications.com/cambodia/buses.htm

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,126 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

ALL bus companies will be operating as normal on 25 December 2014.

This day is not a public holiday in this predominantly Buddhist country.

Best regards. Ian

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

All the bus in Cambodia they travel everyday event in the national holiday in Cambodia but in this period will more people they travel around the country . For the bus from phnom Pehn to Siem Reap or return they have also night bus for daily departure. but in that period when you travel from phnom pehn to siem reap you should book the bus ticket for 1 or 2 days and you can ask your hotel to book for you.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

Thank you all! Very helpful information. I will make sure to book in advance :)

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

hi sumank,

what bus did you finally take to siem reap? im going there next week and need to get the bus too. i would like to get a very early morning bus

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
11 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

Haven't been yet. I am going in December 2014. Hopefully the info here will help you plan...interested to know how it went when you return. Have a nice trip!

7. Re: Phnom Penh Bus to Siem Reap on Christmas Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2015, 06:19