We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I long to go back

Which Phnom Penh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
I long to go back

Hi there, I just wondered what you think ? I have been to PP before and LOVED IT. that was back in 2008 and I have always longed to go back.

I have visited the killing fields . S21 , Russian market etc etc, any other very worthwhile sights you can recommend?

Cambodia absolutely amazes me as a country and I loved the people , I will probably spend 3 days in PP so would love a few ideas for things to do, thanks in advance.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,981 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I long to go back

Have you been to Siem Reap? If you haven't been then it is a worthwhile trip to see the temples of Angkor.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I long to go back

Yes keg let , I have been to SR loved it too :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I long to go back

Have you been to Kampot and Kep? Are you planning on seeing anything else or just PP?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,794 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I long to go back

PP is lovely - return visits are always fun, and +1 for Kep/Kampot and consider Battambang

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I long to go back

If you want more things to do in Phnom Penh I can recommend the half-day bicycle tours to the islands in the Mekong river. We went with Grasshopper. It was very enjoyable and gave a different view, getting into the countryside.

Also: you should check out the forum for posts about tour assistants in Phnom Penh. We spent a day in company with Ms Davy and it gave us a perspective of PP that we never would have gotten otherwise, for instance including a visit to the textile factories. It was tough and we were mentally exhausted afterwards (so much to process), but I didn't regret that we did it for a second.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I long to go back

Thanks for the replies...thmoore as well as PP I would love to visit so we here elsewhere Cambodia, loved SR but perhaps Battambang or Kampot ? Which of the two would be best in June and which is easier to get to from PP please ?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance.

nanette447
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I long to go back

Hi Shirley

We love Cambodia as well, and have just returned from our 3rd visit and planning our 4th! PP to Battambang took us about 4 hours by bus, Kampot to PP 2 hours by taxi. Love the both, we stay in phka villas on Battambang and Rikitikitavi in Kampot. This year we also visited Sihanoukville which we were a bit unsure of before we went. We stayed in a lovely guesthouse in the independence beach area called Clearwater. The local beach was beautiful with warm turquoise sea and lovely beach shacks, felt like Goa 10 years ago!

Battambang is quite a bit bigger than Kampot, but both have their own charm

manchester
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I long to go back

Thanks for the info Nanette , I definitely want to go to sihanoukville but I need to wait a couple of years as my holidays in the winter I currently spend in Goa . My summer holidays I spend usually in SE Asia, do a bit of hua hin, ko Samui, ko tao etc where the weather is good in the summer months, then spend a few nights in cities where I don't mind so much if it rains . I usually go in June, don't particularly fancy sihanoukville in June , so will save that for a winter trip.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I long to go back

Yes Sihanoukville in June may not be too great, but Kampot/Kep area is fine.

Lots of exploring to be done, push bikes riding, tuk tuk ing about, pepper plantations, rivers, the old mansions in Kep, eating and drinking are my fav things in these towns! Markets, rice fields, salt works, beautiful scenery.

Its a 2.5 taxi ride from PP to Kampot and Battambang is equally as gorgeous, all are laid back quieter towns.

10. Re: I long to go back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 05:18