We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
5 days?

Hi everyone

Thinking of spending 5 days in Phnom Penh come mid-August.

Is this too much time spent in the capital?

I've already done Siem Reap :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,316 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days?

Depends on what you like to do?? you could do three nights PP and 2 days Kampot or Kep - they are only a 2 to 3 hour taxi ride away.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,940 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days?

Yes, too long there. Three is enough.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,132 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days?

it could be wet ... and so could the coast ..

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 days?

You don't necessarily have to spend all of your time in the city, While I was in Phnom Penh for 4 nights, I had arranged for an assistant through the Tourist Assistance program mention here many times and we spent 2-1/2 days out of the city touring. One day we went north to the pottery and silver villages, Udong Mountain, and the floating villages at Kampong Chhnang. Another day was west to Kep and Kampot. We also went to Chiso Moutain, the "zoo", and an Angkor temple. My days were extremely full. Excellent way to see the country and spend time with some wondeful Cambodians. I never got to a few places in Phnon Penh I had on my list - so will have to go back again!

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,653 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 days?

I have not been, am going in December / January.

But when we go to a new place, we always go for 5 nights. Not too long if we don't like it much but long enough to see everything.

We have always wished we had stayed longer lol.

It allows us a steady pace, we can swim, have rest time, massages, read.

Shop, golf and take in all the sights.

5 days usually goes quick.

6. Re: 5 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:15