We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

Hi all just thought I would put a post up to let everyone know the Palace is shut for visiting for these dates due to an important ceremony - not sure exactly the ins and outs of it as I have got a few mixed messages! Lots of practicing today outside front of Palace, marching etc, great to watch. Just thought I would let people know in case they are planning there days here in that time period!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,486 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

The reasons for the closure of the Royal Palace and the road closures and parade rehearsals are to be found here:

cambodiadaily.com/news/…

Best regards. Ian

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
58 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

And it's going to be traffic chaos in Phnom Penh on July 11 when people start arriving after 5:30 a.m. for the morning events. So many roads will be closed from around 0500AM-until lunchtime including Sothearos from the Independence Monument to NagaWorld; Norodom Boulevard north to Wat Phnom, the riverside Sisowath Quay, and so forth. Huge traffic jams. Glad it's been declared a local holiday but it'll still be bad until after lunch.

Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
400 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

Also today, 11/07, is supposed to be a day where no alcohol can be served in bars/ clubs/hotels, actually anywhere by legal decree. Some will abide, some won't. Just be aware it may be hard to get a drink.

Edited: 10 July 2014, 19:34
4. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2017, 02:30
Sihanoukville...
Level Contributor
400 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

hmm, sfog, I see you are American. I wouldn't have to explain it to an Aussie! ;)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,486 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

Too bleeding right mate!

Strewth, stone the crows, the Esky would have been well stocked and chilled down days before. Never mind the room bar fridge.

Dehydration is a terrible thing in the tropics!

Rgds. Ian

7. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2017, 02:30
8. Re: Royal Palace shut from 9th - 12th July

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 05:15