We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cambodia eVisa?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
8,029 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Cambodia eVisa?

Hi all,

we found a link to the eVisa but are a bit hesitant to use it. I phoned the Cambodian Embassy in Australia and the woman was very unhelpful. She said "I don't know anything about the e-Visa, here is a number to phone". She then gave me a Cambodian number to phone, but when I asked her who/what organisation I would be phoning, she said "I don't know, I've just been told to give out this number".

So, a bit frustrating, and we are thinking of just sending away for our visas before we go, rather than risk being tossed off a bus at the border with our kids and luggage in tow.

Has anyone had recent experience with the Cambodian eVisa system, and alternately, has anyone had recent experience with getting a visa at the border between Saigon and PP?

Cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

There is indeed an e-visa and if you did a search, you would have come up with numerous threads on this topic.

Here is one of those threads, and in post #2 you will find the legitimate e-visa site. Use no others.

tripadvisor.com/…13635566

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,522 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

Just look at this posting a few below your own for the answer:

Angkorlad Sydney posts: 7,527 Save this Post

1. Re: Do I get VOA for land crossing from Vietnam to Phnom Penh?

yesterday, 21:33

Exactly the same.

Just get your visa on arrival at a land border crossing.

Identical requirements for arrival by air, land or by water.

Complete a short and simple Visa Application Form, supply one (1) recent Passport/Visa type and size photo and have US$20 to pay for your single entry, thirty day validity Tourist Visa. Bring your own pen/biro.

Couldn't be simpler.

Best regards. Ian

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
8,029 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

HI Ian,

I did read a lot of those threads.

I was a bit concerned about the VOA issue, as in a couple of the threads about Bus travel from HCMC to PP, one OP suggested that they checked for Visas before they began the journey, and another poster said she saw people tossed off a bus for not having a visa.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,522 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

I think you are confusing the direction of journey requirements.

If going from KH to VN then NO VN visa then no get on bus or boat or plane.

If coming from VN to KH then no problems at all as KH issues visas on arrival unlike for VN where you need to have your VN visa all sorted prior to travel/arrival.

Best regards. Ian

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
380 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

E-Visa is available at Mocbai-Bavet border, for more info, you can find it here: http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

It is the same rate if you apply E-Visa or VOA at border.

Normally assistant bus driver would ask you to pay more for visa (20$ for visa and 5$ for express services), since if you do not pay more immigration will process your visa is longer and bus & people on the bus could not wait you only.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
8,029 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

Thanks all, we are going with visa on arrival. The e-visa site now charges $27 USD anyway ($7.00 processing fee) unless I have the wrong site....although I did use the TA link.

I

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
380 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

it is correct website (my previous posted) and they just increased the price.

Putnam Valley, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

The above links are not working for me. Anyone have the legit link for and evisa into Cambodia by Plane.

Thanks you!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

https://www.evisa.gov.kh is currently the home of the official e-visa website from the government of Cambodia

Putnam Valley, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cambodia eVisa?

Dank je wel - wist wel dat ik op jou kon rekenen :)