We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to get wife as gift from Astana

Serdang
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What to get wife as gift from Astana

I am looking for something for my wife as a gift (something small and expensive -- but not too much!) when I am in Astana for the whole month of September 2013.

Where is the best place (good price, no scam or trickery, and easy access) to get gold or jewelry in Astana?

Thanks for any pointers.

Hays, Kansas
Level Contributor
5 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to get wife as gift from Astana

If you want a nice gift, reflective of Kazakh culture, go to EMPIRE Store in either Khan Shytar (Largest tent in the world, "Kings Tent") shopping mall. Just inside the main front entrance it is the first shop on the Right side. Or a smaller Empire shop in Kieruan Mall, it is across from Gal-Mart supermarket on the main (entrly-level) floor. These shops have very nice gifts with a varied price range. But they are not cheap tourist things. Nice wall art, jewelry, or other.

For more selection and much more general (and lower cost) souveniors, the one place to go is to TALISMAN on Respublika Avenue (taxi drivers will know the place). It is in a central location across the river (Left Bank) from Khan Shytar and Kieruan Mall (right bank). Many local craft and souvenior items here at one place for low reasonable prices.

Serdang
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to get wife as gift from Astana

Thank you.

Serdang
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to get wife as gift from Astana

May I know if "Empire store" and "Empire Casa" are the same thing? Is Empire Casa a mall or just a shop of souvenirs?

Hays, Kansas
Level Contributor
5 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to get wife as gift from Astana

"If you want a nice gift, reflective of Kazakh culture, go to EMPIRE Store in either Khan Shytar (Largest tent in the world, "Kings Tent") shopping mall. Just inside the main front entrance it is the first shop on the Right side.

Or a smaller Empire shop in Kieruan Mall, it is across from Gal-Mart supermarket on the main (entrly-level) floor."

Empire is the name of the store.

These stores are in shopping malls.

The description of how to find them inside the two malls is shown above.

Serdang
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to get wife as gift from Astana

Ok, thanks again.

6. Re: What to get wife as gift from Astana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2016, 20:17