We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Proof of onward travel required for Kyrgyzstan?

New York
Level Contributor
350 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Proof of onward travel required for Kyrgyzstan?

I have a really quick question. I've been traveling - mostly overland - for about 8 months now and will be headed to central asia next, flying into Kyrgyzstan. I then plan to get some visas and travel to other countries in the region, mostly over land, and so am flying in only on a one way ticket, and traveling on an American passport and therefore do not require a visa upon arrival at the airport. My question is whether at the airport Manas, I will be required to show proof of onward travel. I do not currently have a flight ticket out since my itinerary is somewhat dependent on what I find. Has anyone had any recent experience with the arrivals at Manas if you don't require visas? I don't mind getting a flight ticket out of Kyrgyzstan that is refundable and exchanging it at a later date, but would rather not go through the hassle and expense if I don't have to.

Thank you!

New York
Level Contributor
350 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Proof of onward travel required for Kyrgyzstan?

Just wanted to post some information about my experience. I flew from Doha, Qatar to Bishkek via Dubai and Istanbul on United. The hardest time I had was in Doha, trying to get on the plane. The United security team are very diligent and were really confused by my routing. I was asked if i had a return ticket, but I just said that it wasn't on United and I would be returning. They did not ask to see it. They did verify that I could get visas on arrival at all my transit points - which I could on an American passport.

The Kyrgyz official didn't ask any questions. I handed my passport over and he stamped me into the country. Nothing more was required. There were a few Germans ahead of me in line and it appeared that the same thing happened with them as well.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Proof of onward travel required for Kyrgyzstan?

Hi there I can confirm - I was there last year. It was simply a case of showing your passport which they stamp on the spot and then you are on your way. They dont ask you anything at all and it takes about 2minutes. Couldnt be easier.

good luck

angie

www.angietravels.com

3. Re: Proof of onward travel required for Kyrgyzstan?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 07:36