We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

london
13 posts
Save Topic
Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

I have a 6 hour break between landing in Bangkok and catching my connecting flight to Luang Prabang. Thought i'd use the time to get my Laos visa while I'm waiting if that's possible.

Has anyone bought a Laos visa at Bangkok airport?

any advice most welcome as this is my first time travelling alone & am a little bit apprehensive, but very excited as well!!

Thanks ;)

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

The short answer is "No, you can't." Ask yourself, can you get a visa for the States at Heathrow?

What you can do is to get a Laos visa in your own country from the Laos embassy before you travel.

london
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

Thanks Rufuscat,

I knew it was a shot in the dark. Just thought I might be able to make good use of the 6 hours I have between my connecting flights. No harm in asking hey?

I'll get my visa in Luang Prabang when I land - the nearest Laos embassy for me is in Paris and I live in London so a bit out of my way ;)

BTW - it might have sounded like a stupid question to you, but I'm not a seasoned traveller - in fact a novice - and am nowhere near as experienced as you seem to be. Somehow I get the feeling you though my question was something I should have been able to work out myself.

Thanks again for replying and I hope you haven't wasted too much of your lunchbreak having to tell people off !!

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,221 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

You could get a visa from the Lao embassy in Paris if you want. It takes about 2 weeks. Otoh it only takes about 20 minutes to get a visa on arrival here in Laos.

london
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

thanks - think I'll just join the queue when I get to Luang Prapang.

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

hi

i was just about to type in the same question as yours!!!

my boyfriend and i travel on the 8th october, manchester to heathrow, heathrow to bangkok (also with a ridiculous 7 hour wait) and then on to luang prabang. it would have been great to get a visa in advance. never mind. my travel agent told me it usually takes around an hour once you get into luang prabang.

im going to be so tired. booo!

enjoy your travels!!!

x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you buy a Laos visa inside Bangkok Airport?

seems like if u don't want the wait u might as well get all your visas b4 u go. then u won't hav the tired traveller waiting for a visa blues on arrival. Just mail away.

Have fun.