We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation Van Vieng

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation Van Vieng

Have been to Van Vieng before but having trouble getting accommodation in High season as we will be there for new year. Seems the Vansana, Le elephant, Baan sabai, Nam Song are all full.

I am a bit older than the average backpacker and so need a comfortable bed and clean room.

Do the hotels give all their rooms to agents or keep some back? Would it be worth phoning direct and if so anyone know the number of the Vansana Hotel?

We are already booked in Luang Prabang and Vientiane is easy as there lots to choose from there but I am at a loss now that the riverside ones seem to be full.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

There are a gazillion guesthouses so your chances of not being able to find a place is very very slim (even in peak season). Have you looked at info on hotels on this site? There is also some info here travelfish.org/accommodation/…all Cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

thanks. but the accommodation on travelfish is all booked out.

still need some info as want comfortable clean and quiet place away from the new year's eve revellers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

About 70% of the guesthouses don't have online booking, but I am sure you will be able to find somehting upon arrival. Even walking from the bus station you can see dozens upon dozens of very nice looking guesthouses. They will not all be full (only the ones listed in Lonely Planet!)...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
143 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

Thank you.

Maybe we will just leave it until we get there. Then I can check the rooms out.

Can anyone recommend one they stayed at?

We have been offered one at Le Jardins de van vieng but I was told they are very uncomfortable and other negative comments.

Any feedback or info welcome.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

I stay at local guesthouses, not fancy hotls, so I don't know if little bungalows with no hot water woudl suit you or not. I stayed at the May Lyn Guesthouse which was beautiful, very clean room sand nice mosquito nets! In a littl garden setting surrounded by butterflies! $6 per bungalow, good food and drinks available travelfish.org/accommodation/…all

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

Hi we are travelling to laos in dec - jan and have a place in vain vieng called the mulberry farm - eco lodge they have rooms avaliable and are about 3kms out of town, i think we fit into the same older backpacker, and agree with the bed and clean room hope its of some help.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

Hi we are travelling to vain vieng are booked into the Mulberry farm - eco lodge only booked the other day its about 3kms out of town sounds nice clean and comy.

give them a try.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

Hi - if you are going for lao new year I would definiely not leave it till you get there - I have been to VV the last 2 new years' weekends and everywhere does get booked out.

In addition to tourists, VV is very popular with Lao people for the new year holiday, and the place gets packed. You could try Thavisouk bungalows - nice aircon bungalows on the river for $20 (also called le jardin de vang vieng).

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

Sorry - just read your post about having been told the Jardin de VV is not up to much, after having sent my previous response.

I've stayed there many times and found it to be clean, comfortable, good value and also peaceful. You get your own river view bungalow with ensuite, deck to sit outside, and the restaurant over the river is good too.

10. Re: Accommodation Van Vieng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 07:18