We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phonsavan or Pakse?

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Phonsavan or Pakse?

I have the choice of spending either 2 days (and 2 nights) in either Pakse or Phonsavan in late february. I'm leaning towards Phonsavan and the plain of jars at the moment as they sound fascinating but also i would like to see Wat Phu Champasak. Unfortunately it is one or the other though and i am limited to the 2 days only - can anyone help me make my mind up?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,106 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phonsavan or Pakse?

I'd do Phonsavan. Wat Phu is nice, but pales in comparison to anything at Angkor Wat, if you've seen that. There is no place that has jars except in Phonsavan.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,380 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phonsavan or Pakse?

Well, very different and both have their attractions. Up to you.

3. Re: Phonsavan or Pakse?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 19:20