We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lone Female Traveller - Personal Security

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Lone Female Traveller - Personal Security

How safe is it for a 25 year old female travelling on her own throughout Vietnam - I would prefer to do a DIY tour, rather than organised tours(where there would be safety in numbers).

Would it be safe on the various public transport systems - buses, trains, etc ?

Are there any locations that I should avoid ?

Would I be likely to receive unwanted attention, and if yes, have you any suggestions on how to repel it, or better still, avoid it in the first instance.

Thank you for any advice that you can offer.

Laos
Level Contributor
502 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lone Female Traveller - Personal Security

would suggest posting this in the Vietnam forum :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lone Female Traveller - Personal Security

Thank you laos_info for pointing out my mistake.

The intention is to travel to Laos and Vietnam. I had already submitted the post to the Vietnam forum, and unfortunately, when I was submitting the same post to the Laos forum, I forgot to change the name of the country from Vietnam to Laos.

I will re submit my post with the correct name.

3. Re: Lone Female Traveller - Personal Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2011, 06:40