We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

Melbourne, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

Hey guys,

Great fourm for Laos, first time post here but have read for hours so thanks for all the questions and amazing answers!

soo.. i'm thinking of maybe flying on oct 31st from siem reap to luang prabang but as i'm solo traveling i'm playing my card as they come.

So i was wondering do prices explode 1-3days before flights, obviously if they are available?

I just don't want to lock my self in if you know what I mean?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

Hi,

As you say it depends on seats being available, but once before e ticketing was available on Lao or Vietnam Airways, I lost my paper ticket just before going to the airport and they sold me another ticket for more or less what I'd paid for the first ticket so I don't think tickets ramp up much if at all. I also picked up a pair of seats for VTE-LPQ the day before flying from a TA in Vientiane and paid the the same as it had been on the website a few weeks before, so I think you'll be ok

Cheers

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

I have no idea what you mean by "Do prices explode?". However prices do not change.

Luang Prabang, Laos
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

No, Lao Airlines does not hike up their fare rates as it gets closer to the departure date. Their airfares are what they are though they usually provide discounted for promotionan fares during the off-season.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

On a not-so-similar note-

Would anyone possibly be able to tell me why, when trying to book the Discovery Airpass incoporating a few flights to/within Laos, that Bangkok Air says there are no flights on those dates? According to the Lao Airlines website, there ARE flights (for March, and I referred to the new schedule which goes until mar. 30, 2012). I might just have my buddy book the flights for me in Vientiane(only a $70 loss if I don't use the airpass)...

Edited: 22 October 2011, 07:25
Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

I'm happy to book them for you if you like.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,075 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

Hi,

Could be the "airpass" allocation has gone? They only allow a small percentange of seats to be sold under this scheme per flight, but I think it's quite unlikely they're sold out in March so it's strange. Maybe email them and ask?

cheers

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

Paulo-

That doesn't seem to be the case. They said there are no existing flights on those dates, yet the website lists there ARE flights on those dates. (All flights on those routes work on the airpass, BTW)

R-

Thanks, I'm having Pasith look into it from that end. If he needs help, I will have him contact you. :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

if you are booking on the Lao Airlines website - http://www.laoairlines.com/ be aware that they state that the check in date must be at least 3 days after the current date.

I would recommend using a travel agent as I have found they seem to get access to more flights & can book & issue a eticket for the same day flights.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

I am still trying to get flights booked using the bumbling idiots at Bangkok airways(not usign the Lao Airlines site). They have responded twice that flight QV523 from Pakse-Lunag Parabang is non-existent, yet it is clearly there on their flight schedule (I wish to fly on March 22, 2012). Here is the Lao Airlines schedule for proof.

laoairlines.com/b2c/flight/pdf/WINTER_SCHEDU…

What do you think could possibly be going on here?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,057 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest you can book with Laoairlines?

Can anybody help me with the above?