We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Now it is over...

Cologne, Germany
Destination Expert
for Cologne, Laos
Level Contributor
7,428 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Now it is over...

After all the planning for my 4 week holiday I am unfortunately back home.

I use the word unfortunately as I had an absolute amazing time in Laos. The scenery, the people, the food...everything was awesome. I could have easily stayed for a few weeks longer. As usual I changed my plans during my travel, and stayed longer in the far north than expected, but it was hard to leave places like Nong Khiaw or Muang Ngoi, so unfortunately missed out the Plain of Jars...well, it gives me an excuse to return.

I will provide some JBR when I am fully rested, but just want to thank everyone who have helped me with advise during the planning stage...it is really appreciate and made sure I didn't miss out too many things...

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,688 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Now it is over...

Good to hear you enjoyed your trip!

I am almost at the point of giving up on Laos but your post has re-enthused (is that a word?!) me. When you write your jbr - which I look forward to, would you be kind enough to include your modes of transport as I am finding it a challenge to arrange flights etc.

Regards

Trisha

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,937 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Now it is over...

Hey Scotsman,

pleased you had a great trip and yes, you must return and see the PoJ - they are fantastic.

Only 40 days till we leave for Germany but like you, we have a return trip to Laos on the agenda for the next couple of years.

cheers

helen

3. Re: Now it is over...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:17