We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

Is anyone else having difficulty trying to pay for tickets using the Lao Airlines website? I can get to the payment page but when I enter my details it appears in pale letters and when I try to make the payment it comes back with a server error code 500..whatever that might be. I have contacted them and they suggested using a different card which I have tried with the same result. Has anyone managed to book and pay with a card in the past couple of days???

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,827 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

Isn't it frustrating...........!

Good luck.

Trisha

Coffs Harbour...
Level Contributor
131 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

H PennyT Just thought I'd mention that I booked 3 x flights online with laoairlines today using Goggle Chrome & paying with a Mastercard- no problems.

Hope you've had success as I'm sure glad I didn't have any issues when on a mission to make travel arrangements.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

Thanks for asking this question. I too have been having trouble booking flights with exactly the same error. And yes I have travelled before and yes previous transactions have been accepted elsewhere.

I will keep trying with fingers crossed and or try lastminute.

Cheers to all for the advice!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

Thanks for all your thoughts and tips. Unfortunately nothing worked but we have been in touch with a representative in the online booking centre and they have kindly booked our seats.We have to pay when we arrive in Bangkok at the start of our trip. It has been very frustrating indeed but hopefully this all works out.

We still have to book tickets from Vientiane to Siem Reap but I can't get an answer as to when that schedule will be available. Their website shows timetables up to the end of December only!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

I had the same problem trying to book on Laos Airlines. One visa cc did not work and there was no attempt to charge the card. A second visa cc did work. I suspect it has something to do with exactly matching a valid "issuing bank".

16. Re: Lao Airlines - payment by credit card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 05:15