We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

Hi... I'm having some difficulties to do an itinerary in Vietnam, combodia, laos and thailand... i know... 1 month is not a lot of time, but i like travelling like this, staying 2, 3 days in one place.

But you can tell me your opinion about if its enough time in one city, or too much, or if i should skip some place and do some shortcuts... I will appreciate.

Day 1 - Hong Kong - arrive at night

Day 2 – Hong Kong

Day 3 – Hong Kong

Day 4 – Hong Kong flight at 17:50h to Hanoi arrive at 18:45h

Day 5 - Hanoi

Day 6 – Hanoi

Day 7 – Hanoi – Halong Bay

Day 8 – Halong Bay – Hanoi (arrive 17:00h) – Sa Pa Train (depart 20:30)

Day 9 – Sa Pa (arrive 05:00h)

Day 10 – Sa Pa (depart 21:00h)

Day 11 – Hanoi (arrive 05:00h) - flight to Luang Prabang depart 13:00h / arrive14:00h

Day 12 - Luang Prabang

Day 13 – Luang Prabang (depart bus in the morning) - Vang Vieng

Day 14 – Vang Vieng

Day 15 – Vang Vieng – Viantiane (bus depart 09:00h) then bus to Paske (depart 20:30)

Day 16 – Paske – Champassak

Day 17 – Champassak

Day 18 – Champassak

Day 19 – Paske – Siem Reap by bus

Day 20 – Siem Reap

Day 21 – Siem Reap

Day 22 – Siem Reap

Day 23 – Siem Reap – Koh Chang by bus or mini

Day 24 – Koh Chang

03 Dez – Koh Chang

04 Dez – Koh Chang

05 Dez – Koh Koot

06 Dez – Koh Koot

07 Dez – Koh Koot – Trat – Bangkok AVIÃO 70€

08 Dez – Bangkok (been in bangkok before, dont need to see nothing again)

09 Dez – Bangkok to Lisbon

Thank you so much!!

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

I think you need more time in Luang Prabang ...it's a lovely city that deserves 3 or 4 days

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

I agree with Helen.

And why are you skipping Vientiane and also Phnom Penh? I'd skip one country and spend more time seeing each place. You will be spending a lot of time on transport getting from point A to point B, you need to consider that as well.

And what are you doing in Champasak for 2 whole days? Wat Phu & the village of Champasak are lovely and worth a full day, but that is enough to see the sights and absorb the atmosphere. To head all that way down to that area and not explore the lovely islands would be kind of silly, in my opinion. Read up on what there is to see & do, it seems as if you've made some random choices.

Here's my album of Champasak and the islands if you care to see what there is to see & do there:

http://laowatpuetal.notlong.com

Edited: 14 July 2013, 01:23
Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

Thank you Helen and Maneki-neko!!

Well, i will keep that in mind, if i really like luang prabang i can stay more one day there...

I wanted to stay in champassak 3 days to do a tour of the waterfalls, zip lines and hotel top trees... you done that? You think is too much? this tour... greendiscoverylaos.com/treetop/treetop.html

Vientiene doesnt seem nothing special, i will have an afternoon to see the budha garden and i think is enough.

Phnom Phen also looks a bit boring... i will have already some days in big cities like Hong Kong and Hanoi, i really prefer more country side areas to relax and do hikes. And i have to keep at least 6 days to explore the islands in thailand, i thought of going to koh rong island in cambodia, but is far from bangkok and i need to get the plain in bangkok.

Thank you so much. :-)

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

PP is nothing like either HK or Hanoi ... too many people dismiss it but it is a lovely little city with plenty to soo & do for a couple of days (or more)

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

In some way i'm sad that i will just visit siem reap in cambodia... that means i will have to go back there again, eheh.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

yah cut short your trip in vang vieng for luang prabang. what i did was left for vang vieng from luang prabang. reach vang vieng ard noon time which have enough time for you to do tubing. then the following morning you can go to blue lagoon(i didn't go as i was sick) and leave for vientanne that afternoon. as for vientanne you should do at least a full day tour around the area.

as for hanoi, I will recommend going for a day trip to Tam Coc. not very expensive yet it very nice.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

more time in LP and instead of Champasak take a day tour of Bolaven Plateau for villages and waterfalls and/or head down to 4000 islands. People stay in Champasak to visit Wat Phu but I found the site a bit disappointing when compared with Angkor, which you have already included in your trip.

not sure if the zip wires any any better in Laos than anywhere else in the world and what are the standards of safety?

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

seems that you can zip wire from LP also flightofthenature.com/show-program.php?id=55

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,094 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

Joao,

No I did not do the zip-line thing, that does not appeal to me. There are some magnificent falls in the Bolaven area (see post #7) and as Gem also recommends, the islands are lovely and I recommend seeing them since you will be down in that area anyhow.

FYI, Phnom Penh has a magnificent museum, which houses all the notable statuary that was rescued from teh Angkor temples before the place was compleltey looted. In addition, The Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda, plus some notable temples and cool markets. It is a great little city, NOTHING AT ALL like either Hong Kong or Hanoi.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1 month itinerary. Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam... Help!

We just spent 4 nights in Champasak and LOVED it.4 nights in PP were too many for us.Just goes to show we all enjoy different things

Edited: 17 July 2013, 02:00