We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpack or suitcase

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Backpack or suitcase

I'm travelling through Laos & Cambodia, not sure what's best to use. backpack or suitcase. Sounds daft I know, any advice??

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
316 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpack or suitcase

Definitely a Backpack, thats my advice for all third world countries. You can't do anything wrong with that.

Oraison, France
Level Contributor
517 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpack or suitcase

of course a backpack ... since years I personaly use a convenient wheeled backpack with a concealable back system

this bag allow you to wheel when possible or you can put it on your back

the best for these countries

Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,082 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpack or suitcase

+1 for the backpack with wheels

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,110 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpack or suitcase

Depends on your travel style and how much stuff you bring with you. I have a medium-sized backpack an also carry a daypack, and I'm good to go for 2~4 weeks with that.

Level Contributor
6,399 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpack or suitcase

Agree with the above. Are you flying, staying in hotels or travelling by bus and staying in GH? If the former a suitcase, if the latter a backpack.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpack or suitcase

many thanks

7. Re: Backpack or suitcase

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:20
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question