We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help planning only 7 full days in Laos

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help planning only 7 full days in Laos

Aloha past and present Laos travelers,

we are planning 7 days in Jan 2014. How many days in Vientiane? How many days in Luang Prabang? I'm thinking 2 and 5. It's a short time, I know, but that's all I have. We enjoy culture, sightseeing, walking, eating, possible cooking school.

Thank you for the input.

Oraison, France
Level Contributor
488 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help planning only 7 full days in Laos

the balance 5/2 seems ok for me but ... don't forget the time to go from LP to vientiane or vice versa

by road you need one full day from these two cities with possibly one stopover in vang vieng (VIP bus or minivan)

I absolutely do not advise the night sleeper buses, too risky, the roads a very windy and you do not see anything

if you want to stick to 5/2 so fly from vientiane to LP or LP ... vientiane

but for sure with such a short period of time stay more days in LP wich is a marvellous place with so many things to do and see

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Help planning only 7 full days in Laos

Thank you for your quick response. I should have included that we are intending to fly from Vientiane to LP. We are arriving Vientiane the early afternoon on 23rd from New York, and will be very very jet lagged. Spend 2 full days in Vientiane then fly to LP on 26th for remainder of our stay in Laos.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
277 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help planning only 7 full days in Laos

Check flylaocentral.com, they are cheaper than Lao Airlines and you will not find them at expedia, kayak...

4. Re: Help planning only 7 full days in Laos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:18