We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laos Temp

Nha Trang, Vietnam
4 posts
Save Topic
Laos Temp

Anyone in Laos at the moment? Was curious if the temperature was hot (i saw 90's f on the weather channel website)

I was thinking about making a trip there next week, but not if the weather is too hot to do anything.

thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laos Temp

We have been in Luang Prabang for a week now. It's been fairly pleasant (t-shirt weather : sunny, but not overly hot) until the last couple of days. Apparently, there is a heat wave now, although it's only supposedly 1 or 2 degrees higher than usual. We only have a fan room and it hasn't been too hot.

Yesterday, it was quite hot during the day so we didn't really go out, but before 11 am and after 4 pm, it's still pleasant enough to be outside since it cools down a bit. We cycled outside a few days ago and it was quite unpleasant because of how hot it was, but it wasn't unbearable heat or anything (just hotter when you're moving and the sun's in your face). Also, if you go to the waterfalls, the trails are often shaded and you can take a dip in the cool water so it still feels nice to be outside- although during dry season, a few waterfalls are kind of pathetic-looking. I've put a few pictures up here:

http://monthinlaos.blogspot.com/

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laos Temp

Just to add

We travelled from LP to VV last wednesday, it was at least 2 degrees warmer - ideal for kayaking and tubing.

We are now in Vientiane and it's hotter still

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laos Temp

It is not hot at the moment, but warming up. I don't even have the aircon on at night.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laos Temp

How hot you feel depends on what you are used to though, doesn't it? The BBC gives the temp now as 34 degrees, I'd say that serms about right. This is the only place on our Laos trip that we've used the AC

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laos Temp

Last week it was pleasantly cool in vientiane -. but the last few days it has been 38 degrees C at 4.30pm - getting hotter.

The humidity gets worse from around next month onwards.

6. Re: Laos Temp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2015, 05:26